Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 10:26 AM

140 posts, read 259,382 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, OP here

We're pretty much all settled in now in terms of getting the house setup and we are loving our life here in Milford, CT. I love having a nice downtown, beach, and tons of shopping/restaurants all within the same area. I love the parks and scenery scattered throughout Milford. So far in Connecticut we've been into New Haven and it seems like a real fun cultural place. We both are glad we made this move. Also, Milford seems to have many events and even activities for kids, which will be nice when we have kids. I think Milford will be our home for quite awhile now. Thank you guys for making CT a great place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 10:27 AM

21,752 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxSuns333 View Post
Hi guys,

We're pretty much all settled in now and we are loving our life here in Milford, CT. I love having a nice downtown, beach, and tons of shopping/restaurants all within the same area. I love the parks and scenery scattered throughout Milford. So far in Connecticut we've been into New Haven and it seems like a real fun cultural place. We both are glad we made this move. Also, Milford seems to have many events and even activities for kids, which will be nice when we have kids. I think Milford will be our home for quite awhile now. Thank you guys for making CT a great place.
Did you check out the wine trail a couple weekends ago? Seemed like a nice event.

Colony Pizza going into the old Harrison's is going to start some big growth in downtown. Mark my words.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:36 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Colony Pizza going into the old Harrison's is going to start some big growth in downtown. Mark my words.
I wouldn't bet on Colony Grill being a catalyst of any sort. The Avon location closed after just 6 months.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:51 AM

275 posts, read 419,465 times
Default I've known many people who are law abiding citizens & had negative incidents with the Connecticut police

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I have never had a negative interaction with a cop in Connecticut.
Texas and Mississippi on the other hand...
Remember that story about Gov. Malloy's wife getting stopped by the law for simply not wearing a seat belt!
Ridiculous, imho, but if you're riding someone's bumper and putting their very life in danger, & someone calls the police on you, the police just let you get away with it, scott free!
Makes no sense to us, thought the police were hired to protect the public, not put them at risk.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 AM

275 posts, read 419,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxSuns333 View Post
Hi guys, OP here

We're pretty much all settled in now in terms of getting the house setup and we are loving our life here in Milford, CT. I love having a nice downtown, beach, and tons of shopping/restaurants all within the same area. I love the parks and scenery scattered throughout Milford. So far in Connecticut we've been into New Haven and it seems like a real fun cultural place. We both are glad we made this move. Also, Milford seems to have many events and even activities for kids, which will be nice when we have kids. I think Milford will be our home for quite awhile now. Thank you guys for making CT a great place.
Milford & the coast is a.nice area & the people are relatively friendly down that way. The rest of the state, I have.definite doubts about it being a nice safe place to live, esp. in urban & suburban areas.
Central.CT forget it! People are snotty, traffic is awful & cost of living to high to survive unless you are rich or on welfare.

I'd not advise moving to central Connecticut if I were wanting a decent place to live.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRollRocks View Post
CT drivers are reckless as hel!. They don't stop for stop signs and will ride your bumper on highways going 70 mph.
Dangerous. How come the police won't go after these dangerous drivers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milfordlol View Post
Because the police do the same thing, ride your ass until you move, no lights or sirens or anything.
If a cop is riding your butt to get you to move to the right, kudos to them.

If they're riding you on a single lane, well, that's when you downshift your transmission a couple gears.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I wouldn't bet on Colony Grill being a catalyst of any sort. The Avon location closed after just 6 months.
Yes, but Colony has a following in this area. Avon is too far. It was also hidden in a bad location where other restaurants have failed. The Fairfield location is constantly packed. I think it will do well. I'm not a huge fan, but there's no denying its popularity in Stamford and Fairfield.

Last edited by Stylo; 10-08-2012 at 12:31 PM..

Old 10-08-2012, 01:56 PM

10,091 posts, read 14,959,511 times
I never had a problem with Connecticut police.

Of course, the only police in the state I have had incidents with has been Stamford's and Greenwich's, and in all instances I was left with just a warning (mostly speeding, so they say, lol.) About a month ago I was stopped in Stamford because my front bumper license plate had fallen off. The guy didn't even walked all the way to my window. The 5 seconds conversation took place through my side mirror. lol

Now, NY police is a different story. I have gotten three tickets (one for speeding in a school zone -I've passed through the area numerous times and have yet to see the supposed school-; and two parking violations, the second one included a tow away.) Both parking violations took place in Manhattan and the speeding swindle was on the Port Chester / Greenwich line.

Needless to say, I LOVE CT police. My favorite guys in the world. I wish them all the luck possible.

As for the NY police... let me not say anything, eh. Yeah, that bad!

Old 10-09-2012, 07:58 AM

140 posts, read 259,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Did you check out the wine trail a couple weekends ago? Seemed like a nice event.

Yes, we checked out the wine trail and went with our new neigbors, it was pretty nice. We had a good time. We've been loving the restaurants here, as well as being so close to any store we really want. We also tried out Walnut Beach Creamery the other day, and it was some of the best I've found in the area so far. And we've also loved the beaches, they are very pretty compared to the ones I remember going to in Branford when I'd visit family there when I was younger.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:41 AM

Woodmont Beach is my personal favorite. I love that one side of Woodmont is rocky, almost like the Maine coast, and the other side is very nice sand.

And I have to say Bistro Basque is my consistent favorite restaurant. Also a big fan of Bridge House, Lao Sze Chuan, Taste of Thai, Momo Sushi, and some others. Lots to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut