Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 06:32 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxSuns333 View Post
Cool. I really wanted a change of scenery and before moving here I've been here to see family and I've always liked it. Massachusetts is a nice state as well but I naturally had preference for CT because I have a lot of family here. I do miss Phoenix to a certain degree, but at the same time really enjoying CT and how different it is from AZ, and I love the water and the greenness to CT. Phoenix was a nice place to grow up but a change of scenery and having my future kids grow up in CT will be nice so they can enjoy the different aspects.
I say this to everyone who moves from the dry west:

Welcome to the wet and green side of the mainland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 01:58 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,724,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
I say this to everyone who moves from the dry west:

Welcome to the wet and green side of the mainland
wavehunter007, the dry west has its positives, but for someone who grew up with four seasons it sometimes seems lacking. The mountains are awesome, though.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:36 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxSuns333 View Post
This move has been hectic but we are pretty settled in after this past week. We live in Milford, CT. So far, Connecticut is great. I love the weather so far, not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. But then again, I haven't experienced winter yet. Living in Milford for one week, I can say I love almost everything about it so far. I love the beaches, scenery, downtown/harbor area, the shopping/dining options, and the people. Everyone we've ran into has been friendly and the city seems like it will be our permanent home. My only problem that I've noticed with Connecticut in general so far is some of the drivers. But other than that, I've loved every moment since we stepped foot in Milford, Connecticut so far. Thank you guys for your suggestions that helped us decide on renting in Milford.
So happy to have new people living in CT. Milford is a nice area and I am sure you will love it there. I think drivers in general everywhere can be inconsiderate; however if you want to appreciate your driving population in CT more, take a day trip to Massachusetts then come back here to CT and see just how much better we really are at it. LOL

Welcome and best of luck with your new home here in the Nutmeg State!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:37 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
wavehunter007, the dry west has its positives, but for someone who grew up with four seasons it sometimes seems lacking. The mountains are awesome, though.
Agree, there is something to a more seasonal climate vs the desert .

One thing I will say out of interest....the more and more people I talk to - say that the concept of 4 seasons in many parts of the USA (the CT/NYC area among them) might be a bit flawed: It often seems like there are really only two seasons here - a warm/hot one from April through October...and a cool/cold one from November through March. Here on the coast of CT that seems even more true....there seems to be little difference between April/May and October...or November and Feb/March these days.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:17 PM

663 posts, read 1,863,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Agree, there is something to a more seasonal climate vs the desert .

One thing I will say out of interest....the more and more people I talk to - say that the concept of 4 seasons in many parts of the USA (the CT/NYC area among them) might be a bit flawed: It often seems like there are really only two seasons here - a warm/hot one from April through October...and a cool/cold one from November through March. Here on the coast of CT that seems even more true....there seems to be little difference between April/May and October...or November and Feb/March these days.
I would say that for southern CT, which has the same climate as Northern/Central NJ. October during a normal year, for the most part, is rather chilly and should be considered a cool month. April can have some warm and even hot days thrown in there, but it is not reliably warm, with many chilly and rainy days. So I would say that cool/cold weather spans October through April (7 months), with the ends being warmer of course. May through September ranges from comfortable at the ends of the span and reliably hot/humid from the end of June until the first week of September.

So there are definitely four distinct seasons (blossoms and pollen in the Spring, Foliage and leaf drop in the Fall, T-storms and humidity in the summer and snow/ice and cold in the winter) around here in the tri-state area, but there is a definite bias toward the cool/cold weather, looking at the year as a whole. If one wants a true balanced, even-season climate, one needs to head further south, perhaps to the corridor from DC through Richmond.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:18 PM

10,080 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Going back to the pizza debate, people here should give Sergio's a try. Its on East Main Street, exactly where the hill starts, in Stamford. From my experience, its simply the best Greek pizza in town, although I haven't had much experience eating Greek pizza.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:56 AM

214 posts, read 290,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRollRocks View Post
CT drivers are reckless as hel!. They don't stop for stop signs and will ride your bumper on highways going 70 mph.
Dangerous. How come the police won't go after these dangerous drivers?
Because we're awesome.

Next question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut