Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 11:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,310 times

Advertisements

I have seen these guys at many many gas stations. and yeah I thought that was kind of weird at first time I saw them. However after seeing them multiple times I did decide to use the product, especially because the guys were willing to do I deal with me forward the only money I had which wasn't exactly the total amount of the bottle. I can tell you that I don't know what company this is I've never heard of them before someone told me it was like boat wax, regardless I have to tell you that I am bottles and bottles later all of my vehicles it makes the washing time much faster it puts a shine like no wax no buffer almost effortless and it gives this incredible shiny look that makes your car look so flashy! so I recommend you try acan, because I trust that product 100 percent! Also the the salesmen will negotiate at every gas station I ever saw them at, their different guys every time but they do negotiate. regardless of how you feel about the way it is being marketed this is really truly an excellent product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 06:05 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,416,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Really? I have not seen that in Glastonbury. I will warned DW and friends. Jay
I realize this is an old thread that somebody bumped up, but I wanted to add to the "annoying auto cleaning product people in Glastonbury" list: Global in Glastonbury (Main Street/Putnam Blvd) allows these shenanigans. A couple months ago I had to get somewhat argumentative with one of those dirtbags who touched my car without permission at the Global station. I don't care how great people say their product is. I don't agree with their sales method and therefore would never give those people one penny.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:29 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
had this happen to me in manchester

Old 07-18-2014, 07:31 AM

34,916 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
I realize this is an old thread that somebody bumped up, but I wanted to add to the "annoying auto cleaning product people in Glastonbury" list: Global in Glastonbury (Main Street/Putnam Blvd) allows these shenanigans. A couple months ago I had to get somewhat argumentative with one of those dirtbags who touched my car without permission at the Global station. I don't care how great people say their product is. I don't agree with their sales method and therefore would never give those people one penny.
I don't go there which is why I never saw them. I now go to Stop & Shop's gas station and I would guess they would never allow this. Thank goodness. Jay

Old 07-18-2014, 11:24 PM

76 posts, read 96,056 times
These guys should be ignored. Waste of anyone's time.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:58 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
I avoid them professionally, then I tend to never go back to the gas station that permitted them to annoy me.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:26 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,228,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenis View Post
I have seen these guys at many many gas stations. and yeah I thought that was kind of weird at first time I saw them. However after seeing them multiple times I did decide to use the product, especially because the guys were willing to do I deal with me forward the only money I had which wasn't exactly the total amount of the bottle. I can tell you that I don't know what company this is I've never heard of them before someone told me it was like boat wax, regardless I have to tell you that I am bottles and bottles later all of my vehicles it makes the washing time much faster it puts a shine like no wax no buffer almost effortless and it gives this incredible shiny look that makes your car look so flashy! so I recommend you try acan, because I trust that product 100 percent! Also the the salesmen will negotiate at every gas station I ever saw them at, their different guys every time but they do negotiate. regardless of how you feel about the way it is being marketed this is really truly an excellent product.
Are you one of the salesmen?

Old 07-19-2014, 10:19 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,829,691 times
The product actually works, but I wouldn't buy from them as it will only encourage them. Like I said before, they should be at car shows, bike shows, or flea markets selling this stuff. With the right pitchman this product would do well at a flea market.

There is a similar product called "bike spirits" that is mainly sold at motorcycle dealers which works similarly well. While it is marketed as a motorcycle cleaner I don't see whey it wouldn't work on a car. A can of bike spirits is about $6.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:21 AM

706 posts, read 756,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenis View Post
Nice spam man. Yeah, you just joined the site and this is your first post on a thread like 2 years old?

Old 07-19-2014, 01:41 PM

2,668 posts, read 4,493,841 times
If someone attempted to put something on my car when I was at a station I'd get pretty loud and yell at them to leave my car alone. If they persisted I would probably get heated and end up smacking the product from their hands while getting explicit and going to the trunk for a bat.

Sounds over the top but don't **** with my car, thankfully I have not seen these people yet and if I did I would catch them before they even opened their mouth and let them know I'm not interested and to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut