Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 08:59 PM

275 posts, read 419,505 times

Advertisements

JanND, yeah i think the midwesterners are much much friendlier
& laid back than the Southern New England area.
did Norwalk get hit bad by the storm SubieB4?
i have been watching the news & see so many areas got trashed
by Sandy.

Last edited by JayCT; 10-31-2012 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: Removed flame

Old 10-31-2012, 08:32 AM

56 posts, read 373,100 times
I always feel badly for people who live in areas where there is little regard for neighbors. We are the type who keep to ourselves for the most part but will always lend a helping hand or smile to a neighbor. In times of crisis, you should be able to reach out to those in close proximity if you need them because you may not be able to go much further for help.

I guess I would have to consider us lucky to be in a neighborhood (southington-meriden area) that is full of people who will clear the end of your driveway in the winter, help you lift something heavy, keep an eye on things while you are away or simply lend you a rake if you need it. I can't say I know all of my neighbors but the few that are around me are good people and there if you need them.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:04 AM

275 posts, read 419,505 times
Default well thank you JanND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
That is what being a neighbor means. We have folks like that all over North Dakota. OP, if you want friendly neighbors move here. I was on the east coast for a few months...my husband and I moved back to the plains asap...There really didn't feel like there is a sense of community, although I did meet some lovely folks at various neighborhood garage sales...Maybe get yourself out and find your dream neighborhood. Good luck, hope you all came through this horrible storm ok.

i have heard a lot of good stuff about North Dakota. Connecticut, just the opposite in the last few.years. If you.ever read the Hartford Courant , you'd see what I am talking about. Lots of crime,.corruption, & crazy people who got no regard for others safety.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:49 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Because of the storm I have been unable to montor this website for the last couple of days. I am not pleased that this thread is so nasty and am shutting it down until I can review it closer. JayCT, Moderator

Old 10-31-2012, 06:23 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
After reviewing this thread I see no value in it to this forum and am going to permanently close it. Thank you to those who posted legitimate posts. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut