Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 03:31 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,718,599 times

Advertisements

Well if schools are a concern, forget about Bloomfield. Simsbury has top-notch schools. As for apartments, there's a few in the downtown area on Hopmeadow, and a few further up that road in the Terriffville neighborhood.

Here's the link for one complex in the center of town. No idea what the costs are or if there's availability, but it's a start:
Udolf Properties - Residential
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 05:07 PM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
What is your budget? As others have noted Simsbury is not near major highways which is part of its charm. It is in an area called the Farmington River Valley which is sort of set off from the rest of Greater Hartford by a range of small mountains. This gives the area a sort of shangro-la feel. Still it can be a problem for people working there that are looking for a more urban area. West Hartford has a number of apartments and offers good schools, but you must go over Avon Mountain to get there. There are apartments in Farmington Valley but not a lot and they can be pricey. Check for listings in towns like Simsbury, Farmington, Avon, Canton and Granby. These are all beautiful towns with very good to excellent schools. Jay

Old 10-31-2012, 06:57 PM
Dva Dva started this thread

3 posts, read 3,118 times
Thanks for your feedback.

How are the condos on prospect avenue in west Hartford.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:40 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,718,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dva View Post
Thanks for your feedback.

How are the condos on prospect avenue in west Hartford.
Are you looking at apartments or condos? Prospect has both. The entire avenue is fine, but the northern half, north of Boulevard is much nicer and more affluent - but also much more expensive. There's a building on Prospect just south of Farmington Ave that got converted to condos, I think they're renting a few units out. Is that it? It's an older prewar building. A friend of mine whose husband lived there when they were apartments told me it was a dump, but I've seen units since they became condos & they looked fine. The southern part of Prospect, while not unsafe, isn't as nice and is closer to I-84 so there's more noise, more traffic, more congestion.

The only other condos I know of are Loomis Manor (north of Farmington) and Grosvenor, just north of Fern and right before you enter Elizabeth Park. They're both really nice but expensive. Loomis Manor went up right before the housing crash and the price tags were REALLY high. Grosvenor was built in the '70s and is gorgeous - I wanted to buy there but couldn't afford it. They're mostly 2-bed units, central air, a large pool, parking garages, private entrance to the park, etc.

Hope that helps. Any questions, let us know.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:22 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,774,520 times
There is a condo development in Simsbury, on route 10, north of route 44, on the west side of the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut