Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 09:21 AM

201 posts, read 380,933 times

Advertisements

Looking for a place to take my shirts that doesn't charge an arm and a leg....

Preferably close to Black Rock Turnpike in Fairfield.

Any recommendations (with prices)....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 10:22 AM

837 posts, read 2,082,610 times
I used to use SHIM's CLEANERS I and SHIM's CLEANERS II in Norwalk on Main Ave (very close to the Merritt Parkway - Exit 40B). Not sure if you are able to or are willing to take a trip there from Black Rock to do dry cleaning. In any event, they are right across the street from all of the corporate buildings and they did a fanastic job with my dress clothing, suits and winter jackets.

Since I no longer work in Norwalk, I've been looking around for a place too. I used to use "Zoots" (right near Harry's Wine & Liquor and the Starbucks on the corner of Mill Plain Road) but haven't gone there since they changed names/management a year+ ago.

Currently, I've been using "Robin Hood Cleaners" in Stratford since it's right down the street from my house. However, despite changes in ownership, the cleaning quality is questionable/mediocre at best. I see new random stains that come out of nowhere, and old stains that aren't fully cleaned.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:45 PM

34,925 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Arrow Cleaners on Black Rock Turnpike has been there forever. I would assume they do a good job since they are still in business. Jay

Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
I have used the cleaners on the corner of Maple Avenue South and the Post Road in Westport for years. Never had a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut