Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 04:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Newtown!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 04:31 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,239,586 times
Such a tragedy. Praying for the families.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:33 PM

66 posts, read 139,310 times
I heard this horrible story yesterday afternoon and the tears still fall. I haven't cried like this since our baby was diagnosed with a terminal illness. As I type this I cry. So many heartbroken people-how do you begin to even tell someone how sorry you are for their loss. Last night I sat by my daughter's bed as she slept and I cried and thanked God that I WAS sitting by her side when I know there were parents who can never again sit by their child's bed.

To all in Newtown: We care. We might not be experiencing this tragedy firsthand but we are with you. If there was something we could all do for you it would be done-no hesitation from any of us. However, at this time we can only pray that you will all have the strength to overcome. I like to think God is holding tight to all the children taken way too soon until their parents can one day hug them again.

Love, prayers and cyber hugs to all.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:12 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,885,525 times
There was a great thread on this forum that had over 30 pages of condolences from not only locally and from adjacent states, but literally from around the world!

But some people with an "agenda" essentially "hijacked" it and the admins were forced to close it down. I'm even humble enough to admit I got a little caught up in that hoopla, though partially in the hopes that doing so would help JayCT (the board's admin) be able to "get it back on track".

When it was closed down I thought about starting a thread like this but was afraid it would quickly "degenerate".

So please, please, please only post condolences, etc. here. The politics forum is there for a reason and I know they give it a lot of leeway too. Thanks!

Old 12-15-2012, 06:30 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Heartbroken for the families
Sending love to all affected...
We too, have been horrified...

Old 12-15-2012, 06:32 PM

200 posts, read 354,126 times
Maybe there should be a condolence thread that is STRICTLY a condolence thread only. No opinions about guns, mentally ill, what the govt should do etc. Just condolences, like what you might write in a condolence card. What do you think?

Old 12-15-2012, 06:36 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,160,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by possum_magic View Post
Maybe there should be a condolence thread that is STRICTLY a condolence thread only. No opinions about guns, mentally ill, what the govt should do etc. Just condolences, like what you might write in a condolence card. What do you think?
We can keep it that way for sure. You know I shed tears yesterday..first time in many years..thats how difficult this was. I hope the families affected use every means available to heal.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:41 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
There was a great thread on this forum that had over 30 pages of condolences from not only locally and from adjacent states, but literally from around the world!

But some people with an "agenda" essentially "hijacked" it and the admins were forced to close it down. I'm even humble enough to admit I got a little caught up in that hoopla, though partially in the hopes that doing so would help JayCT (the board's admin) be able to "get it back on track".

When it was closed down I thought about starting a thread like this but was afraid it would quickly "degenerate".

So please, please, please only post condolences, etc. here. The politics forum is there for a reason and I know they give it a lot of leeway too. Thanks!
JayCT will probably re-open the other thread once he's done cleaning it out.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:54 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,885,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
We can keep it that way for sure. You know I shed tears yesterday..first time in many years..thats how difficult this was. I hope the families affected use every means available to heal.
The last time I shed tears on a drive home from work before yesterday was on 9/11/2001

Old 12-15-2012, 07:00 PM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Sending prayers from Florida.
Speechless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut