Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 09:37 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
I can't easily find an exact article that says it, but there was a father interviewed who noted that after one of the teachers was shot, one of the 6 year old boys who appears to have been "wise beyond his ears" grabbed about 5 or 6 of his classmates, led the way and "ran like Hell" so to speak. I bet this was the group that made it to Gene Rosen's home.
I bet it is too, 7. What a hero that kid was. I wonder if he pushed a desk up to a window and led them out that way? Amazing whatever way he got them out of there. God Bless him. I should say God Blessed him and the others.

Yes, Gene Rosen, that's the grandfather's name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 09:39 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I totally agree.

I never liked Malloy, and perhaps we're just so heartbroken that we're looking for someone to lead us, but he has been truly amazing. His speech in Newtown on Sunday was one of the best I've ever heard. His news conference yesterday was heartbreaking. I give the man credit. I really do.
Actually, I think the reason we're both adoring Malloy's actions is simple. While others chose not to lead (I'm referring to 3 plus hours without delivering known news to families), Malloy did the hard thing. He led.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Actually, I think the reason we're both adoring Malloy's actions is simple. While others chose not to lead (I'm referring to 3 plus hours without delivering known news to families), Malloy did the hard thing. He led.
I heard that last night and was gobsmacked! How could those people leave those parents without word of their child?? That was unconsionable.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:21 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,758,510 times
I suspect the police were simply overwhelmed with enormity of what had happened and unsure how to proceed.

I do know the state police stated they did not want to have parents go into the crime scene and have to identify their children there. Remember this was a massive crime scene. The police were not ready to have all the bodies transported that day to the medical examiner's office where they could be cleaned up and then available to the parents in a nice, antiseptic, clean place to positively identify.

It would have compounded a tragedy to have parents and family members of the adults go into those blood soaked rooms and hallways to identify their loved ones there, even if they covered up bodies, they would still be lying there on the floor in pools of blood. Would you have wanted to go into that place of horrors stepping over or around victims ?

So they held off doing family identification. Finally, they decided to identify using pictures which meant time for pictures provided by school and family to be matched to children. No, the police were not being mean, this was just uncharted territory and they were trying to do the best they could .

Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
I suspect the police were simply overwhelmed with enormity of what had happened and unsure how to proceed.

I do know the state police stated they did not want to have parents go into the crime scene and have to identify their children there. Remember this was a massive crime scene. The police were not ready to have all the bodies transported that day to the medical examiner's office where they could be cleaned up and then available to the parents in a nice, antiseptic, clean place to positively identify.

It would have compounded a tragedy to have parents and family members of the adults go into those blood soaked rooms and hallways to identify their loved ones there, even if they covered up bodies, they would still be lying there on the floor in pools of blood. Would you have wanted to go into that place of horrors stepping over or around victims ?

So they held off doing family identification. Finally, they decided to identify using pictures which meant time for pictures provided by school and family to be matched to children. No, the police were not being mean, this was just uncharted territory and they were trying to do the best they could .
I suppose you are correct, willow. I keep forgetting (somewhat) that this was unchartered territory.

I saw the nurse last night on CNN and once again I cried because you still could see and feel the terror she felt when the shooter came into the nurse's office. The Staties told her when they rescued her to not look when they led her by the hand out of the building and she didn't.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:33 PM

684 posts, read 1,122,077 times
Just like to express my deepest sympathy and condolences to all those who suffered as a result of this barbaric act. 20 angels killed so cruelly.

May God give the families strength.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:46 PM

692 posts, read 1,706,838 times
May GOD bless those that have lost thier children.

From Sheridan, WY

Old 12-18-2012, 02:41 PM

835 posts, read 3,977,977 times
Thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected either directly or indirectly.
Have to say this is the worst thing I have ever seen, thought 9/11 was bad at the time and watched hours of coverage for days. I just can't watch/ hear about this for more than about an hour a day because it leaves me emotionally drained and deeply saddened.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,197,189 times
I know I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but did anyone else recognize how people drove on Friday, Saturday and Sunday? Almost everyone drove the speed limit on the highway. Very rare. I think people were just numb.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:36 PM

802 posts, read 1,681,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I know I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but did anyone else recognize how people drove on Friday, Saturday and Sunday? Almost everyone drove the speed limit on the highway. Very rare. I think people were just numb.
did not notice that in NJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut