Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,176,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
To anyone trying to click on the meyoga link, if it doesn't work ( I couldn't get it to open on Firefox), copy and paste into your browser or input manually.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 09:08 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
There is a COMMA after the url!!

Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,552,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
If anyone would like to donate to the police officers who have not yet returned to work, a woman in Shelton is collecting Walmart gift cards to help the families of the officers. There are between 10-20 officers that have not yet returned to work from not only Newtown, but surrounding towns as well. Newtown's chief will determine which officers should are in need.

You can read the story here: Adopt a Cop campaign launched by yoga studio for Sandy Hook

And donate here: www.meyoga.net
Thank you. I still weep daily for them all. It helps to have something concrete to do, to help.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:02 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,961,065 times
Page 3 of today's Tennessean featured a song written in honor of the Sandy Hook tragedy.

Apparently, the writer did it as an ad, thus, it cannot be retrived via the website.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Page 3 of today's Tennessean featured a song written in honor of the Sandy Hook tragedy.

Apparently, the writer did it as an ad, thus, it cannot be retrived via the website.
I wonder if it's the song I heard on PLR this morning...something about moving from an old town to a new town? Sounded country-ish. It was a tear-jerker.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:26 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,961,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I wonder if it's the song I heard on PLR this morning...something about moving from an old town to a new town? Sounded country-ish. It was a tear-jerker.

I saved it as a pdf at work, but can't attach that onto the forum. I'll PM the pdf to you Tuesday.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 AM

Sandy Hook Promise; sign it here: Sandy Hook Promise

And "like" it on Facebook.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:25 AM

Who would have thought five weeks ago that the happenings in our small suburb--one that most of us on here recommend often to Danbury/Waterbury commuters--would drive the President to issue 23 executive orders, effectively proposing the strictest firearm laws the US has ever seen? This is not for a political debate, I'm just noting the significance of the proposal.

The following is a list, provided by the White House, of executive actions President Obama plans to take to address gun violence.
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Read more: List of executive actions Obama plans to take as part of anti-gun violence plan | Fox News

Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,885,111 times
I will let Kidyankee's post above stay but please do not begin debating this or I will be forced to shut the thread down. Jay

Old 01-16-2013, 05:32 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,851,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I will let Kidyankee's post above stay but please do not begin debating this or I will be forced to shut the thread down. Jay
I guess before it gets shut down, i should mention that on Monday, the Stratford town council voted to name a new school in honor of Victoria Soto.

New Stratford School to Be Named After Victoria Soto | NBC Connecticut
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut