Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 11:43 PM

371 posts, read 524,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig1985 View Post
If u can't find the girl in NYC what are your chances in Stamford? And what's wrong with NYC girls?
NYC girls, some of the expect you to carry them and they are beautiful on the outside, but hideous on the inside (not all of them). I haven't been looking much given economic issues and I haven't had a lot of money. I can still date women in NYC too. I don't meet women in bars either. I tried e harmony for a little bit as that is the most common way. Some of my friends have left NYC and went to LI when they got married. Don't see them much anymore.

Mostly I hate paying taxes in NYC and I hate the lack of accountability and it has started to get to me. I am from a small town so I tend to care about such things. I ended up working at a Trader Joe's for a couple of years on the Upper West side. I have never seen how many *******s live in NYC. There are a lot of scammers here, for example my mgmt co. and people's scam food stamps here like crazy. The grocers put in alternate codes so people can buy cigarettes with food stamps. I thought if I moved to CT, I could make a job change and easily have interviews there.

I have been interested in other areas like Boston which is near where I grew up or North Carolina, but the job market is awful in NC. I know people who grew up in NYC, lived in NC and came back as no one is hiring there. They cannot wait to get out of NYC again.
Also, when I was working in CT, they took out CT and NY/NYC taxes and I got all of the CT taxes back.

I am looking into working at a video game company in the NYC office and then work in the main office on the West Coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 02:47 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,440,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnewyorkcity View Post
NYC girls, some of the expect you to carry them and they are beautiful on the outside, but hideous on the inside (not all of them). I haven't been looking much given economic issues and I haven't had a lot of money. I can still date women in NYC too. I don't meet women in bars either. I tried e harmony for a little bit as that is the most common way. Some of my friends have left NYC and went to LI when they got married. Don't see them much anymore.

Mostly I hate paying taxes in NYC and I hate the lack of accountability and it has started to get to me. I am from a small town so I tend to care about such things. I ended up working at a Trader Joe's for a couple of years on the Upper West side. I have never seen how many *******s live in NYC. There are a lot of scammers here, for example my mgmt co. and people's scam food stamps here like crazy. The grocers put in alternate codes so people can buy cigarettes with food stamps. I thought if I moved to CT, I could make a job change and easily have interviews there.

I have been interested in other areas like Boston which is near where I grew up or North Carolina, but the job market is awful in NC. I know people who grew up in NYC, lived in NC and came back as no one is hiring there. They cannot wait to get out of NYC again.
Also, when I was working in CT, they took out CT and NY/NYC taxes and I got all of the CT taxes back.

I am looking into working at a video game company in the NYC office and then work in the main office on the West Coast.
Let's hope that West Coast location is not in LA/OC, because you will find your first sentence in abundance there too (probably moreso). Just a warning...

Old 12-23-2012, 06:11 AM

11,252 posts, read 18,752,289 times
You mentioned Boston, when I was closer to your age I had college friends who ended up on Boston and I would visit once/month and found the singles scene there pretty lively, yet a little bit less pretentious than NY. Maybe you should consider there, I think you might be happy there.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Let's hope that West Coast location is not in LA/OC, because you will find your first sentence in abundance there too (probably moreso). Just a warning...
No, Washington state. I want to be around real people not phonies.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:09 AM

21,553 posts, read 27,794,997 times
Lots of nice girls in Stamford, but also lots of pretentious ones from the surrounding affluent area. Really not that different from NYC. You have to go up the coast more for a real change.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:44 AM

34,700 posts, read 56,496,602 times
Have you considered moving to a city like Hartford or New Haven? Nice small cities with a much more approachable social scene and a lot omre affordable. Plus you would be close to New York when you want to visit there. Jay

Old 12-23-2012, 06:10 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,554,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnewyorkcity View Post
No, Washington state. I want to be around real people not phonies.
Seattle is definitely where you want to be then. It's by far the best that region of the country has to offer. It has phonies too just like any big city, but it's still a pretty happening place and has a lot going for it. COL lower than NY, great employment opportunities, no state/city income tax (yep). Little bit different crowd...you wont find the glitzy/glam crowd in anywhere near the abundance of NY, but lots of nice girls.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:20 PM

Thanks for all your opinions. I think I am going to get my apt. on the market and look at some apts in Stamford.

Have a Merry Christmas, everyone.

Last edited by sickofnewyorkcity; 12-23-2012 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: Forgot holiday wish

Old 12-23-2012, 10:36 PM

680 posts, read 1,569,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
O well its the world's capital of good looking (surgically enhanced) people afterall

Old 12-24-2012, 12:48 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,771,200 times
Why not Jersey , like Morristown or Metuchen or Rahway or Harrison or Cranford all cheap little Railway towns with strong single scenes....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut