Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2007, 06:58 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times

Advertisements

I don't know who uses the forums more -local people or travelers - but just a heads-up - I have seen enough of these to know - there could be some very bad weather in eastern Connecticut and Rhode Island Sat night. It is still is not 100% but it's heading that way..........

Parts of Tolland, Windham, Middlesex, New London, Washington, and Newport Counties could have wind gust of 75-mph, there is still alot of leaves on the trees in southeast Connecticut, so this is not so good.

I also scaned the 5:00 PM advisory, and disscussion, the last part about "ADDITIONAL WESTWARD ADJUSTMENTS MAY BE NECESSARY THIS EVENING " has me a bit worried. These folks are always very conservative in what they say....so it is worth a heads up...

Southeast CT is near 41 and 72...so the 48hr position is not all that far. Tides could be 6 -feet above normal. The building that I'am in as I type this.... is 12-feet above normal. Everyone in eastern CT and Rhode Island should maybe pay attention to the updates at 11:00 pm and 5:00 Friday. IT could be less than 36 hours away if it speeds up.

Hopefully we'll get lucky and it will go southeast of Long Island......
Attached Files
File Type: txt Tropical Storm NOEL Forecast Discussion.txt (2.9 KB, 251 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut