Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 06:22 AM

470 posts, read 1,664,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobinJ View Post
Recently had body work done by Schaller. They deal with all makes/models whether purchased from Schaller or not (we were in the not category). They had great customer service and attention to detail. Easy off the highway, enterprise rental on site, pick up drop off shuttle, if something isn't right they'll make it right. See if Brian Hartwell is available, great guy.
I had the opposite. The bumper they put on my car wasn't lined up properly. They said it was because it was a non-OEM part and sometimes they just dont fit right. They also didn't fix a pretty obvious small fold in the hood from the accident, reused a cracked marker light in the bumper, and gave me a hard time when I told them they forgot the license plate backet on the front of the bumper.

I don't think i would go back there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 05:49 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydez View Post
I had the opposite. The bumper they put on my car wasn't lined up properly. They said it was because it was a non-OEM part and sometimes they just dont fit right.
I hope that you were smart enough to tell them that it isn't your problem that they used a cr*p part.

Quote:
They also didn't fix a pretty obvious small fold in the hood from the accident, reused a cracked marker light in the bumper, and gave me a hard time when I told them they forgot the license plate backet on the front of the bumper.

I don't think i would go back there.
Sounds kind of similar to my experience years ago with Family Garage in Bridgeport. I demanded that my insurance company bring the car to another shop to do the job right.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:38 AM

21,618 posts, read 31,197,189 times
Quote:
They said it was because it was a non-OEM part and sometimes they just dont fit right.
I was LIVID when Progressive tried to put non-OEM parts on our Pilot a few years ago when we got rear ended. I fought tooth and nail with them because I was not going to have a cheap part put on my 3 year old car, especially when the accident was not my fault. They kept telling me "you'll have to pay the extra, etc etc" and when it came time for billing, I had my lawyer call them. They ended up paying but not without a lot of stress and frustration. I would imagine that they do this to tire some people out and just accept that there is no alternative.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:26 PM

856 posts, read 2,014,990 times
When was that? this is their new shop...not sure how their old shop was managed/set up.

Their aftermarket bumper or yours? When you pick your car up anywhere youll want to check it over for missed items. In a larger shop no one person takes the car from start to finish and sometimes things get missed.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:39 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I was LIVID when Progressive tried to put non-OEM parts on our Pilot a few years ago when we got rear ended. I fought tooth and nail with them because I was not going to have a cheap part put on my 3 year old car, especially when the accident was not my fault. They kept telling me "you'll have to pay the extra, etc etc" and when it came time for billing, I had my lawyer call them. They ended up paying but not without a lot of stress and frustration. I would imagine that they do this to tire some people out and just accept that there is no alternative.
Trust me when i say this kid. Just call your insurance company, pay your deductible, and get it fixed right without hassle. You'll get your deductible back within 2-5 weeks after your insurance company subrogates the claim against the other party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut