Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 PM

8 posts, read 30,002 times

Advertisements

Are there any caucasian neighborhoods in Bridgeport, CT?
What would be the safest neighbrohoods?
Thank You.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:21 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Bridgeport is fairly diverse all over.

Some safe areas include North End, Black Rock. and a lot of the neighborhoods that border Fairfield/Trumbull in general. Those areas do have a higher caucasian concentration.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
I do not think your race really matters. The safest parts of Bridgeport are Black Rock west of Ellsworth Street; the North End north of North Avenue and west of Main Street (though there are some very nice safe streets just east off Main); Beardsley Park area north of Boston Avenue and west of East Main Street and the Treeland neighborhood in the northeast corner of the city. Jay

Old 01-19-2013, 06:04 AM

281 posts, read 345,032 times
I have my doubts that this is a real question.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagonga View Post
Thank You.
There are no caucasian neighborhoods anywhere. People are allowed to live anywhere they choose to and can afford.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:19 PM

41 posts, read 105,352 times
I lived in the east end of Bridgeport on Dover Street and it was very quiet with an occasional dog or two barking. Lots of dogs in Bridgeport no matter where you go. The main race concentration is Hispanic, however, I have been around Caucasian people in that town that have more battle scars, so things are quite different today as far as races go, Caucasians, and I speak for myself, blend in in Bridgeport. The Hispanics don't look at you the way they used too. I'd worry about my car getting broken into before I'd worry about walking down the street. The rise in children in the area has made it safer.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:21 PM

41 posts, read 105,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagonga View Post
Thank You.
Stay away from The Hollow, the residential area surrounding Seaside Park. and lower East Main Street. Those are gang and drug infested areas. Other then that Bridgeport is very nice.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:50 AM

11,292 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococheen View Post
so things are quite different today as far as races go, Caucasians, and I speak for myself, blend in in Bridgeport. The Hispanics don't look at you the way they used too. I'd worry about my car getting broken into before I'd worry about walking down the street. The rise in children in the area has made it safer.
I worked p/t at a HS in Bridgeport for 2 years and one thing I noticed when you have a very large Hispanic population is you really start to see what the Census Bureau says, "Hispanic origin can be of any race" more so than when it is a small minority of the area. While certainly the majority of Latino students I saw fit the stereotypical (for lack of a better word) "in between black and white" look, I had a few students who looked so "white" (or "black" for that matter, look at pictures of baseball players Roberto Clemente or Pedro Martinez to see what I mean by that) that if it were not for last names and knowing things like both their parents came from (fill in the blank, Mexico, Domincan Republic, etc. and for the most part not places like Argentina where though culturally "Latin" most of the people are of European ethnicity) I would never guess they were of Hispanic heritage and in most cases these were not kids for whom one parent was non-Latino.

Just a possible explanation for some of the "blending in".

Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
I worked p/t at a HS in Bridgeport for 2 years and one thing I noticed when you have a very large Hispanic population is you really start to see what the Census Bureau says, "Hispanic origin can be of any race" more so than when it is a small minority of the area. While certainly the majority of Latino students I saw fit the stereotypical (for lack of a better word) "in between black and white" look, I had a few students who looked so "white" (or "black" for that matter, look at pictures of baseball players Roberto Clemente or Pedro Martinez to see what I mean by that) that if it were not for last names and knowing things like both their parents came from (fill in the blank, Mexico, Domincan Republic, etc. and for the most part not places like Argentina where though culturally "Latin" most of the people are of European ethnicity) I would never guess they were of Hispanic heritage and in most cases these were not kids for whom one parent was non-Latino.

Just a possible explanation for some of the "blending in".
Very true. "Hispanic" is not a race, but a number of ethnic origins that span several races. To one extent or another, hispanics are usually a blend of caucasian, black and American Indian. Over time, I think the lable "hispanic" will become little more significant than Irish or Italian are today.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:09 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
The three nicest sections of Bridgeport are Black Rock (west of Ellsworth), Brooklawn and the North End. I wouldn't consider any other section. Race doesn't matter if you're in a good area, because in a good area, you will find good working families and not broken welfare families, which is what you need to studiously avoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut