Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:46 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,935,296 times

Advertisements

There are many nice towns in the Hartford area. The OP needs to give us more information like a budget and the type of community they prefer (large, small, rural, suburban, urban, etc.). That can help us steer them to the best places to look. The towns mentioned by Kidyankee and Mlassoff are good starting points but again they may not be exactly what the OP is looking for. They are all fairly affluent and somewhat suburban to rural suburban in character. More information would help narrow down the choices. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 12:03 PM

2 posts, read 2,089 times
We are moving from Massachusetts to Connecticut. Have a 4 year old daughter, looking for a nice preschool/Kindergarten for her. Looking for the best place/crime free to live. Please recommend.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:17 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,975,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevd View Post
We are moving from Massachusetts to Connecticut. Have a 4 year old daughter, looking for a nice preschool/Kindergarten for her. Looking for the best place/crime free to live. Please recommend.
There are well over a hundred towns that are safe, lovely places to live. We need more criteria such as budget, where your job will be, what kind of setting you prefer, etc.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:44 PM

145 posts, read 257,129 times
What is your budget? There are a lot of very nice towns close to Hartford, especially in the Farmington Valley where I'm from. Some towns are more expensive than others. Is there also a specific type of atmosphere you want as well?

Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,089 times
i am lookng for a good preschool for my 4 year old daughter, please suggest the best place to live in CT...

Old 02-12-2013, 12:44 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,420,077 times
Quote:
i am lookng for a good preschool for my 4 year old daughter, please suggest the best place to live in CT...
As stated above, you haven't given up enough information, hence no one responding to you. There are tons of great places to live in CT and only a handful of areas we would recommend you avoid. I can give you a list of 100 towns but that doesn't help you at all. Name your budget, as that will be the biggest determining factor. Other helpful information includes any area you need to commute into/out of, what kind of place you are looking for (urban, rural, quiet, vibrant, etc.).

Old 02-16-2013, 06:52 AM

114 posts, read 72,740 times
Quote:
Quote:
CT is the name of a state with 100s of towns, not a city. Unless you are more specific, you are not going to get any response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut