Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 09:03 PM

4 posts, read 4,933 times

Advertisements

Hello-

I'm looking to move to Stamford. Can anyone recommend some good luxury apartment buildings there? Preferably ones that have been recently constructed with good finishes and also no thin walls (I like my peace and quiet)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 09:46 AM

no one has any recommendations?

Old 03-07-2013, 10:12 AM

21,651 posts, read 31,269,696 times
Do you have a price range in mind, or is cost not an issue?

The one that comes to mind is Trump Parc - Stamford.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:37 PM

I'm looking for a 1BR. Cost is not an issue, anything below 3k would suffice. What's important is a solid construction and good finishes. I've read some reviews of places with noisy neighbors and maintenance issues and want to avoid this at all costs. I would want to rent only...it looks like Trump Parc is a condo?

For places on Washington Blvd, can anyone comment on the noise level at night? I've read postings of complaints about ambulances and fire trucks; how bad is it?

Old 03-07-2013, 03:39 PM

21,792 posts, read 28,153,161 times
You're going to have noise downtown. There's traffic, sirens, drunks, and the train and I-95 noise if you're close to those. It's a city, so there's going to be some noise.

If you want a quiet area, you might want to look further north and south of downtown. Harbor Point is a good option, or really anywhere north of downtown.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:04 PM

I live in lower Manhattan currently...if it's similar general city noise, that's fine by me. I'm more interested in specific local noise i.e. is it next door to a hospital or firehouse etc. Or perhaps the building doesn't have proper windows. Basically, the places I need to "watch out for".

Harbor Point looks like a good option, will check it out. Are there any negatives to it? I'm getting the feeling it's a little more isolated than the others.

Will put the Blvd and Harbor on my list, any thoughts on Parallel 41? I have zero knowledge of Stamford and pretty much relying on online searches, any feedback/advice is welcomed and any more individual building suggestions would be great.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:10 PM

21,792 posts, read 28,153,161 times
Isolated means less noise.

It's isolated to a point. But there are restaurants and shops there, with more coming. It's also a short walk to downtown and the train station.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:18 AM

228 posts, read 264,808 times
We looked at 101 Park Place and the Lofts at Yale two years ago. While I loved the amenities of Park Place, my husband thought the walls were thin and the location too isolated. The woman who gave us the tour kept emphasizing the luxury and secure accommodations, yet there wasn't even a person at the security desk when we entered and it took us 15 minutes to find someone. It seemed clear to us at the time that the building had a large number of empty apartments. I asked the woman about occupancy rates and she never even gave me a straight answer. Given the isolated location and our late hours, we weren't comfortable with the lax security, especially as I would have to rely on the shuttle to the train. I'm not sure i would have felt comfortable walking to the train. That said, I loved the view, the pool and roof fire pits, and the proximity to Fairway Market.

We thought the Loft apartments had a bit more character, but inadequate closets. Again, there was no one at the desk when we arrived and was like a ghost town. We decided we could do without the amenities and go further north on 95 for more space and less money.

Since that was two years ago, it is very likely things are much different now. Though we ultimately decided on Norwalk, we still spend a lot of time in the area, and it looks to me like the neighborhood keeps improving. We love the addition of Dinosaur Bar-B-Q.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut