Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 08:16 AM

21,756 posts, read 28,086,032 times

Advertisements

Although I've had mixed experiences with their other furniture, and would NEVER buy their Goof Proof plan, I'm pretty happy with my mattress from Bob's. Don't know if they have latex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 11:53 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,497,096 times
Why all the hate for Sleepy's? I'm no advocate but we are in the market for a mattress and were given the best price by far there. We walked out but the guy was really pushing for a deal. We started at a mattress that was $2500 and he was at $1800 delivered with a pad, box springs, etc. for a Simmons Beauty Rest Black Series with a guy on the phone offering another $500 off to not walk. We were not buying that day, just browsing otherwise I would have signed.

R&F has a similar matterss (same brand, series, etc.) for $2300 delivered not including a pad. Why would I waste several hundred more? Granted the salesman at Sleepy's are cheap and used car dealer-ish, but we barely had to open our mouths about prices and the guy just kept tumbling down to get us to buy.

We are probably going there for our mattress soon, cash deal for what we want cannot be beat.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:56 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
Why all the hate for Sleepy's? I'm no advocate but we are in the market for a mattress and were given the best price by far there. We walked out but the guy was really pushing for a deal. We started at a mattress that was $2500 and he was at $1800 delivered with a pad, box springs, etc. for a Simmons Beauty Rest Black Series with a guy on the phone offering another $500 off to not walk. We were not buying that day, just browsing otherwise I would have signed.

R&F has a similar matterss (same brand, series, etc.) for $2300 delivered not including a pad. Why would I waste several hundred more? Granted the salesman at Sleepy's are cheap and used car dealer-ish, but we barely had to open our mouths about prices and the guy just kept tumbling down to get us to buy.

We are probably going there for our mattress soon, cash deal for what we want cannot be beat.

It is their sales tactics that really get me mad. They are worse than a used car salesman. Why should you have to go through that kind of hassle to get a good deal? Also be very careful when comparing matresses. You have to know exactly what the product is you are buying and comparing matresses from different stores is next to impossible since they have different names for mattresses in each store. I would make sure that the one at Raymour & Flannigan is the same as the Sleepys one. Be careful, be very careful. Jay

Old 05-30-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
It is their sales tactics that really get me mad. They are worse than a used car salesman. Why should you have to go through that kind of hassle to get a good deal? Also be very careful when comparing matresses. You have to know exactly what the product is you are buying and comparing matresses from different stores is next to impossible since they have different names for mattresses in each store. I would make sure that the one at Raymour & Flannigan is the same as the Sleepys one. Be careful, be very careful. Jay
We went right from R&F to Sleepy's and layed on a bunch of different styles. It may not be the EXACT bed (different name) but it had the same feeling we were looking for. R&F already told us if we wanted when we finalize the bedroom set that they would add the bed at the sale price from this past weekend. Couldn't have been happier, got the Serendipity for a great price!

I get the whole sleezy salesman approach they use but I've been used to it with car buying (which I now only do online via email). I used to sell cars myself years ago but left the industry because the tactics just baffled me. I always thought it was gonna be a dream job working with something I'm an enthusiast of, but the other people there and even the customers were completely un-interested in facts, car history, competition knowledge, etc. so I bailed out after a few months and kept auto enthusiasm to a hobby.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:20 AM

Articles that are 4 years old I would not rely on as current day facts. But that's just my opinion, my brother got a Sleepy's mattress and had no issues. If i scour the internet for reviews I see more positive than anything.

13,330 Reviews and Complaints about Sleepy's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut