Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2013, 11:13 AM

1,030 posts, read 4,253,111 times

Advertisements

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...tml?1364002483
Meteor Sighting Reported Across Northeast US

I know its Huffpost so bare with me lol. But I thought this was cool I came across this because I was driving last night to my buddies house and I saw it right in front of me. I thought it was a plane, but then it got too big and bright and was no longer a plane. Then it started streaking and broke apart, at that point it was a glowing red meteor flying across the sky.

Looking back, it made me kind of nervous... All I picture is images of the dinosaurs looking up at the sky and noticing a huge meteor before they die lol (thank you 1st grade!)

I feel like I was in the front row too see this...anyone else catch it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 12:02 PM

9,770 posts, read 14,606,230 times
I'm part of the unfortunate masses... sigh.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:19 PM

47 posts, read 87,049 times
Default i saw it

if it isent off topic to say it
the indevidule person is forgotton here

Old 03-25-2013, 02:58 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,407,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...tml?1364002483
Meteor Sighting Reported Across Northeast US

I know its Huffpost so bare with me lol. But I thought this was cool I came across this because I was driving last night to my buddies house and I saw it right in front of me. I thought it was a plane, but then it got too big and bright and was no longer a plane. Then it started streaking and broke apart, at that point it was a glowing red meteor flying across the sky.

Looking back, it made me kind of nervous... All I picture is images of the dinosaurs looking up at the sky and noticing a huge meteor before they die lol (thank you 1st grade!)

I feel like I was in the front row too see this...anyone else catch it?
No, I did not see it - wish I did. I only found out about it when they mentioned it on the 11 pm news. About what time was it and in what part of the sky, if you recall? I was in Guilford, inside a building till a little after dark, then drove back to East Haven, so I was traveling west after dark, along Route 1. You were so lucky to have seen it - you may never see another one like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut