Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 07:08 AM

3 posts, read 52,804 times

Advertisements

Now that both stations are up and runnign in Fairfield, has the parking improved for people without passes? I would prefer to go to the old station, if I am taking a 8AM train will I be able to find day pass parking and how does it work? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 08:04 AM

21,717 posts, read 28,042,339 times
Pretty sure the old station is pretty backlogged. Someone I know was offered a spot on the new one and had been waiting on the old station for 4 years. It's helped, but I think it's still easier to get a spot at the new station.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 AM

I dont really need a pass, I only have to go in a few times a year for work. Just want to park for the day, dont care if I have to pay for it.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:28 AM

837 posts, read 2,081,426 times
At the old station, I think even daily spots for non-commuters are taken up very quickly. For example, if I go down to NYC for a day on pleasure, I have a hard time finding a spot at the Downtown Fairfield station.

I don't encourage it but some folks simply park along a nearby street or park somewhere in the commuter lot without a pass, and he/she simply eats the penalties/fines.

If you only go into NYC a few times a year, it may be worth it to take the extra few minutes and use the Metro-North out of the Bridgeport station. They have multiple parking garages around the station, and I've heard it's much easier to leave your car there for a day.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:32 AM

21,717 posts, read 28,042,339 times
Fairfield Metro and Bridgeport have plenty of spots. Or just go to South Norwalk. If it's only a couple times a year it really doesn't matter.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:40 AM

Fairfield Metro it is... thanks. Ive been living in town for 3 years and my last Taxi ride to the train station was a nightmare. Never doing that again.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:04 AM

209 posts, read 607,756 times
I used to park on side streets at the downtown fairfield station (round hill or side street right off of it by overpass) and walked the half mile to the train station. My name came up very quickly for fairfield metro and I grabbed it. I see lots of open spaces so parking for non pass holders at metro. Just hand the friendly lad your $6 and you can park anywhere your heart desires. Less crowded than downtown and you get first pick of seats.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:55 PM

30 posts, read 112,844 times
Is day parking at Fairfield Metro free after 9am on weekdays or it's $6 weekdays and free on weekends? Looks like there're staffs to collect day parking fees? I've only been to Fairfield Metro once on a weekend. There was no staffs and no pay box, kinda confusing if you don't know parking is free for weekends.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:15 PM

3 posts, read 6,260 times
how early in the morning do I need to be at the Fairfield Station to find daily parking? looking at trains to NYC between 7:00am and 8:00am. how late can I be at the station before the daily spots are taken? thanks!!!

Old 04-08-2017, 03:45 PM

752 posts, read 552,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Train View Post
how early in the morning do I need to be at the Fairfield Station to find daily parking? looking at trains to NYC between 7:00am and 8:00am. how late can I be at the station before the daily spots are taken? thanks!!!
The daily spots will be taken by 7 AM most days. Go to Fairfield Metro where they have numerous spots for $6-- I have never had trouble parking at that station and it adds a whole 3 minutes to your ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut