Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 10:41 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Really? Find me another Westport outside of Fairfield County. The town must have 2 major highways going through it, a beautiful waterfront, a striking downtown, top notch schools, and easy access to mass transit.

I await your response.
I agree. If it was not such a great town, people would not be willing to pay such high prices to live there. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 07:03 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
As did I.

Are finances the ONLY factor? There are a gazillion reasons people live in FFLD. County. I don't commute to NYC daily. We sacrificed on square footage to live where we do. Obviously people have reasons aside from commuting.

In fairness, you should acknowledge that it's also a really, really nice place to live. Sure it's expensive. That's worthy of mention too-- but to claim there is no reason to live in lower Ffld County except for commuting is BIASED.
Gotta agree with you. I'd live in Fairfield County if I could afford it, in a heartbeat. Nothing to do with commute, just driving through those towns, just makes me wish I could live there. Cleanliness, safe, kept up. If you could afford it, imo you'd be crazy nit to live there.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:04 PM

140 posts, read 259,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Gotta agree with you. I'd live in Fairfield County if I could afford it, in a heartbeat. Nothing to do with commute, just driving through those towns, just makes me wish I could live there. Cleanliness, safe, kept up. If you could afford it, imo you'd be crazy nit to live there.
I don't think its crazy to choose to live elsewhere in CT, even if you can afford Fairfield County. My wife and I can afford to live in Fairfield County. However, money would be tight, which is a kind of living we don't want. 20 minutes away here in New Haven County we get more for our money, and we have a little more money leftover that we can put into savings, and use some to take weekend day trips, etc. I do agree with you that those towns are very clean, kept up, and safe. The thing I love about living in Milford is I'm close to the beautiful places west of Bridgeport in FFC, but I am also close to the breath-taking towns east of New Haven as well. I can experience some of Connecticut's best within a 20 minute drive.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:16 PM

21,756 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Westport is lovely but not everyone's style. I wouldn't choose it if I wasn't tied to a commute. I'd probably go Madison with a huge budget. There are many reasons its expensive, but location is by far #1.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:56 PM

4,319 posts, read 4,206,586 times
You would be surprised how monochromatic Madison is.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:19 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
You would be surprised how monochromatic Madison is.
Huh??? Are you expecting bright pink flamingos to line the streets? This is New England and reserved elegance rules. I think Madison is very attractive. Jay

Old 04-30-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Huh??? Are you expecting bright pink flamingos to line the streets? This is New England and reserved elegance rules. I think Madison is very attractive. Jay
LOL. My comment wasn't about the flowers.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:10 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
LOL. My comment wasn't about the flowers.
Yes, it is, actually. Lilly?

Old 04-30-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Yes, it is, actually. Lilly?
If it was, I wouldn't be afraid to tell you.

Lemme spell iit out for you instead -- OP's main concern is bullying of her son, due to being Asian. Madison is about 122% white. Yes, lilly white. Ask me how I know!! Neither here nor there; I just don't have the feeling that Madison would be what OP is looking for.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:39 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
If it was, I wouldn't be afraid to tell you.

Lemme spell iit out for you instead -- OP's main concern is bullying of her son, due to being Asian. Madison is about 122% white. Yes, lilly white. Ask me how I know!! Neither here nor there; I just don't have the feeling that Madison would be what OP is looking for.
You missed the haha that i was having on you. I meant yes, you're talking about flowers. Get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut