Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 07:39 PM

576 posts, read 1,218,697 times

Advertisements

I think drug that kills should be illegal ppl cant handle them. I can see marijuana best option and safer than drinking alcohol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 08:25 PM

214 posts, read 290,044 times
The real outrage with this topic is not that the suspects were dealing drugs, or whether they have girlfriends; it's that drugs are even outlawed at all, and that people can even be put in jail (or fined) for selling or possessing them.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:32 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off-beat View Post
The real outrage with this topic is not that the suspects were dealing drugs, or whether they have girlfriends; it's that drugs are even outlawed at all, and that people can even be put in jail (or fined) for selling or possessing them.
Pffft. We're a better caliber of people here in CT. Why would totally awesome folks like ourselves want to do drugs?

Old 04-03-2013, 09:18 PM

214 posts, read 290,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Pffft. We're a better caliber of people here in CT. Why would totally awesome folks like ourselves want to do drugs?
Because doing drugs doesn't necessarily make you not awesome?

Old 04-04-2013, 06:17 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,897,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwa hater View Post
It's just been bothering me a lot lately, to think that these low-life types seem to have the good life and all of the fun, and get more respect from people than the average office drone or people who actually work for a living.
Seriously? Who in the world respects these people? All I saw were ugly losers. I'm sorry, but I think you must have very low-self esteem, and it's coloring your perception.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:39 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Maybe our lawmakers in this state will pass drug restrictions so there are less scum.....oh, that's right, we already have laws banning these drugs.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:24 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Maybe our lawmakers in this state will pass drug restrictions so there are less scum.....oh, that's right, we already have laws banning these drugs.
Laws just don't seem to be effective. We pass 'em, people break'em.

Repeal them all!

Old 04-04-2013, 11:05 AM

837 posts, read 2,082,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Seriously? Who in the world respects these people? All I saw were ugly losers. I'm sorry, but I think you must have very low-self esteem, and it's coloring your perception.
Agreed. Society doesn't place drug dealers and drug lords on a pedestal.

The only scenario that I can think of where drug use becomes glamourized is when celebrities turn into junkies. Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan come to mind. But folks have to be mindful that the general population is already obsessed with celebrities, let alone ones that do drugs.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:31 AM

28 posts, read 34,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3
I have a pretty low opinion of humanity in general, especially when it comes to majority English-speaking countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp625 View Post
Agreed. Society doesn't place drug dealers and drug lords on a pedestal.

The only scenario that I can think of where drug use becomes glamourized is when celebrities turn into junkies. Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan come to mind. But folks have to be mindful that the general population is already obsessed with celebrities, let alone ones that do drugs.
Oh really?

What about "entertainers" like Lil Wayne (practically every young woman in suburban America has his pictures plastered on her Facebook page), Snoop Dog, Jay-Z, etc., who basically get paid big $ to brag about their drug-dealing careers in the lyrics of their "music?" I guess you forgot about them (or were you purposely being disingenuous?).

And I never said anything about "junkies" or phony "philanthropist" actors who abuse drugs being glamorized; not sure why you'd brought that up. I hope those people go the way of River Phoenix, lol.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:42 PM

52 posts, read 106,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
:high five:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut