Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,102,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
I suspect the concern is there because pedophiles have a very strong preference for one sex or the other , not both. .
So what?

The state doesn't place children with known pedophiles. Are you suggesting we operate on the assumption that everyone is a pedophile? Seems a little harsh-- Especially when you find the rare parent who will take in kids with a troubled past (which again-- tend to be boys in the system).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 11:10 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,723,280 times
Why are you reading harshness into my comment?

You asked why other posters picked up on the fact and made comment that the two men adopted only male children. You asked for an explanation of why they seemed concerned. I gave you a possible reason. Nothing more, nothing less. Sheesh

Don't ask questions if you don't want to get answers.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:53 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,911,510 times
Quote:

You asked why other posters picked up on the fact and made comment that the two men adopted only male children. You asked for an explanation of why they seemed concerned. I gave you a possible reason. Nothing more, nothing less. Sheesh

I would imagine he's fishing for homophobes...

Old 04-09-2013, 06:29 AM

21,582 posts, read 31,049,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
These men took in difficult-to-place children. They are usually boys.
Stats please.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:

I think to suspect pedophilia simply because this couple adopted boys, ties together homosexuality and pedophilia in a way in which , in reality, there is no correlation.

If a married hetero couple adopted only girls, would you have an "a-ha" moment if the father was accused of molestation? I doubt it.

Linking homosexuality and pedophilia is harsh... No interpretation needed beyond that.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Stats please.
Anecdotal. Seems like common knowledge though. Here's just one story that indicates that boys are more difficult to place:

Quote:
The state needs all types of foster and adoptive homes, but the hardest children to place are teenage boys and large sibling groups
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...-children.html

Old 04-09-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Anecdotal.
That's what I thought.

Quote:
If a married hetero couple adopted only girls, would you have an "a-ha" moment if the father was accused of molestation? I doubt it.
And no, because that's not the same situation. I do think this could be a case of false allegations, but it does seem odd that these two fathers would only adopt boys.

We could sit here and speculate all day long, but nobody knows the truth except for those kids and their dads.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:52 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,723,280 times
Mlassof- You're looking for an argument where there is none. You're making assumptions about me when you don't know me or anything about me - what is your problem ??? What's the purpose of this personal attack ?

There actually is no correlation between pedophilia and adult sexual preference. Being straight or gay
with other adults has no bearing on being a pedophile.

In other words, you can be straight or you can be gay as a sexual preference or you be be a pedophile which is another sexual preference. Then you also have the Jerry Sandusky type who can marry and have relations with an adult and continue to have relations with an adult but whose primary attraction over the years become focused on children of one sex. Many pedophiles are in sexual relations with other adults.

Being gay and having young boys around does not make one a pedophile. Being straight and having young boys around does not make one a pedophile. Being sexually attracted to young children of either sex and seeking them out and having them around and doing things to them does make one a pedophile.

Go do some research so you get this organized in your head.

And if you're projecting insecurities- please stop. We know you're gay, we know you may want to adopt and guess what- please do so. I'm sure you'll be a fine parent. No one would ever consider you for being a pedophile because you're gay and have male or female children. Live your life, may it be a good one.- But we're not discussing you- the topic if conversation is what's going on in Glastonbury- stop being defensive and projecting.

The Glastonbury case needs to play itself out at trial. So let's stop the personal attacks on me and keep to the topic at hand.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
And no, because that's not the same situation.
Why isn't it the same situation?

When a married father in a straight marriage molests an adopted daughter, why is that different? How about if he molested his son?

In any case, I do agree- We don't know what happened here and it sounds like the prosecution is on shaky ground when it comes to proof..

Old 04-09-2013, 11:26 AM

mlassoff, I agree with willow. It seems you're blindly defending these guys because they're like you.

The fact that they were all males just seems...weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut