Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 08:25 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,604,057 times

Advertisements

Hi. I don't know why anyone is trying to talk you out of Guilford. It's a great place to live and to raise a family. I'll send you a direct message with some specific neighborhood recommendations.

Best wishes on your potential move!
N
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 11:46 PM

34,682 posts, read 56,465,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
Hi. I don't know why anyone is trying to talk you out of Guilford. It's a great place to live and to raise a family. I'll send you a direct message with some specific neighborhood recommendations.

Best wishes on your potential move!
N
I agree. Guilford is a wonderful town with a lot to offer. If the OP likes it they should continue to look there and not question their decision.

Nico7 - Please post your thoughts on specific neighborhoods in Guilford. I am sure others that visit this forum will be interested as well. Jay

Old 04-28-2013, 07:44 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,604,057 times
Jay - I agree. The reason I wanted to send a private message is that I know the families in these neighborhoods and as much as I want to help people on this board, the privacy of my friends and their families is more important to me. I will be happy to provide details to people who express sincere interest in moving to the town!

Old 04-29-2013, 03:32 PM

34,682 posts, read 56,465,514 times
Nico7 - You do not have to give people's names or addresses, just general areas would be helpful. That is what most people are looking for. Jay

Old 09-25-2013, 11:46 PM

1 posts, read 743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
Jay - I agree. The reason I wanted to send a private message is that I know the families in these neighborhoods and as much as I want to help people on this board, the privacy of my friends and their families is more important to me. I will be happy to provide details to people who express sincere interest in moving to the town!

Hi Nico, Regarding Guilford, my husband and I have a sincere interest in moving there and would be very interested in learning about neighborhoods. We have a 2 year old and intend to have more children. He works in Middlefield so North Guilford is best for his commute, but I really want a "neighborhood feel" if I can find one.
Also we are both very academically inclined, so if there are areas of town where academic families tend to cluster then that would be helpful for us to know.

Thanks for any advice you can give!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut