Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 09:22 PM

10 posts, read 51,645 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the new 915 Main Street Apartments?? I would love to hear from someone who lives there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 06:32 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
I assume these are the new apartments in Hartford. I believe that these apartments are what is commonly known as The American Airlines Building. That is because it was the site for an American Airlines call center for many year. The call center moved to Windsor and the building was sold to a developer who is converting it into apartments. I only know that the location is great. You are right in the heart of downtown, within an easy walk of everything. I have heard that the rents are running about $1200 per month for a one bedroom. I believe there have been postings on craigslist.com. This is a bit pricey considering that there is no on-site parking. Not sure what parking would run. Anyway, maybe other people know more. Jay

Old 04-07-2008, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 13,082 times
I have just signed up for one of the apartments here, but don't move in until May. The one bedrooms start at ~$990 and go to $1750 for two bedrooms. I would suggest calling 527-MOVE for info - that's what I did. I will have 1025 sq. ft. for $1050 including heat/hot water. They are/were offering great move-in incentives, or I won't have moved there. Nice remodel, great location for working in Hartford.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:16 AM
hfd

47 posts, read 246,866 times
Great location. Years ago it was a department store. It is within walking distance to dozens of employers, the riverfront, Bushnell Park, bars, restaurants, the library, theaters, health clubs, and Old State House. There are downtown people who leave their car in a garage and only use it on the weekends, so parking is what you make of it.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 12,549 times
It's a great location but don't live here unless you are ready to be disappointed by the apartment and the management. When I moved in, my 'newly renovated' apartment had trash in it, no shower rod, moldy toilet, and nails sticking out of the carpet. Not to mention the washer/dryer we were promised wasn't there and did not arrive until literally 1 month after we moved in. Management is rude and doesn't return phone calls and never apologize for their shortcomings. It is like they are paying you to stay there not vice versa, the way you are being treated!

Old 07-17-2008, 06:00 AM

3 posts, read 27,097 times
I agree completely with mkf1. I posted the following in another thread (//www.city-data.com/forum/conne...d-warning.html)

I am a new resident in downtown Hartford and would like to provide a cautionary tale for those thinking of signing a lease.

My lease started 3 weeks ago and I have already experienced numerous issues but the noteworthy ones are listed below:

- No hot water upon move in. I called and complained on 7 different business days before the issue was resolved.
- Dishwasher did not work upon move in. Maintenance flooded the apartment while trying to fix the appliance and left the apt in that condition without any notification. I suffered water damage to personal belonging and it took days for maintenance to clean up after the mess.

Management's reaction to my troubles have been more of an issue than maintenance’s response itself. They have chosen to take no responsibility for making the apartment available for lease without key amenities such as hot water, as well as taking over a week to provide hot water upon first notification. They are taking no responsibility for the damage done to personal belongings due to their employee’s mistake with flooding the apartment. I was told that I would have to take legal action against them if I would like restitution for their mistakes.

It is a new building in Hartford and it is unfortunate that those in power has chosen to take an iron fist style of management with their tenants. From my perspective, that does not build any goodwill and does not help them fill the building as it is far from full.

From what I understand, I did not receive a ‘lemon’ of an apartment as it appears that many other lease holders are having similar issues with management. It is a common ice breaker with new residents to talk about the various issues each has had with in their short stay. I moved here from another downtown location and I caution those considering doing the same as it may not be all it is cracked up to be.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:48 AM

3 posts, read 27,097 times
Update

I spoke to the building manager today. He seems to really care and we had a good conversation. It is unfortunate how things have gone up until this point but I think they will move in a positive direction from here on out. My opinions on the rest of the management company have not changed though. Fortunately, this is the guy that matters.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:54 PM

639 posts, read 2,710,416 times
Thats good to know.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:03 PM

5 posts, read 31,468 times
any updates on 915 main? I was shown an apartment here today and it looked pretty great but this thread is scaring me a bit.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:37 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etindell View Post
any updates on 915 main? I was shown an apartment here today and it looked pretty great but this thread is scaring me a bit.
I would not let this thread scare you. People that post are always complaining about something or another, so I would take their situation with a grain of salt. Maybe you could visit the building in the evening when people are home and try to ask people their opinions as they enter or exit the building. That would be more reliable than an anomous post on the internet. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut