U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 05:12 PM

51 posts, read 82,384 times

Advertisements

Verizon Wireless Enhances 4G LTE Coverage within Connecticut’s Fairfield and New Haven Counties | Fort Mill Times - Fort Mill, SC

Bethany
Bridgeport
Cheshire
Fairfield
Meriden
Naugatuck
Oakville
Trumbull
Waterbury
Woodbury

Not Stratford :[ I'm literally posting this on my phone with 1-2bars of 3g tethering to my desktop.... it's terrible in this whole city!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 05:53 PM

8,778 posts, read 17,711,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exzacklyright View Post
Verizon Wireless Enhances 4G LTE Coverage within Connecticut’s Fairfield and New Haven Counties | Fort Mill Times - Fort Mill, SC

Bethany
Bridgeport
Cheshire
Fairfield
Meriden
Naugatuck
Oakville
Trumbull
Waterbury
Woodbury

Not Stratford :[ I'm literally posting this on my phone with 1-2bars of 3g tethering to my desktop.... it's terrible in this whole city!!
Stratford has 4G. It just isn't throughout the town. According to their map, i would get it if i had Verizon. The neighbors across the street would not have it.
Countless Reasons. One Choice. | Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless

Old 05-13-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Stratford has 4G. It just isn't throughout the town. According to their map, i would get it if i had Verizon. The neighbors across the street would not have it.
Countless Reasons. One Choice. | Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless
Well no where in my area.... I live between barnum and merrit off nichols... and i get 1-2 bars of 3g. I went down to star bucks and all the way down to the lordship.. and still no 4g. So who knows.

My internet is down right now (optium) so now I get to browse with these speeds:

Old 05-13-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Well no where in my area.... I live between barnum and merrit off nichols... and i get 1-2 bars of 3g. I went down to star bucks and all the way down to the lordship.. and still no 4g. So who knows.

My internet is down right now (optium) so now I get to browse with these speeds:
I'm off Nichols also.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I'm off Nichols also.

Haha I'm using my phone connection though right now. Not sure if agree with their map tbh.

My house is in the dark red... and I get 1-2 bars of 3g lol

Old 05-13-2013, 08:18 PM

18,216 posts, read 21,810,370 times
Quote:
See, that's why I don't listen to the people who try and convince me to switch back to Optimum from U-Verse because it's faster. It might be faster, but the downtime was so annoying during the short time I had it (and the horrible customer service).

I've literally had ZERO Internet downtime in the 2.5+ years I've had U-Verse. No joke, and I'm on the web a lot.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
See, that's why I don't listen to the people who try and convince me to switch back to Optimum from U-Verse because it's faster. It might be faster, but the downtime was so annoying during the short time I had it (and the horrible customer service).

I've literally had ZERO Internet downtime in the 2.5+ years I've had U-Verse. No joke, and I'm on the web a lot.
Optimum is a lot more expensive than AT&T. I tried, i really tried to get the bargain AT&T service to work. More often than not, it just didn't work. Hence, no bargain. Optimum is very expensive but i've had no service disruptions, aside from an 18 hour loss during Sandy. You couldn't pay me to ever use AT&T again.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:49 PM

That's the 2nd-best speed they offer. I'm going to upgrade to the fastest as soon as I cancel cable and go fully streaming (which is any day now).

Old 05-13-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post

That's the 2nd-best speed they offer. I'm going to upgrade to the fastest as soon as I cancel cable and go fully streaming (which is any day now).
I'm on Optimum's "2nd best" as well. I've heard that people are really satisfied with the top tier product(Boost). The standard speed is working fine for me.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:56 PM

I really did think of going back to Optimum for outright streaming speed, but with my experience with any cable provider - if you've been having 100% reliability for a while, probably best to just leave it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut