Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 07:06 PM

3,435 posts, read 3,944,513 times

Advertisements

That is impressive. I especially like how the volume goes to 11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 07:45 AM

627 posts, read 1,058,342 times
It's an interesting choice of location. There is already one in White Plains, and there are ones in Boston, so it still leaves most of the state a very far distance from the nearest one.

I guess the people in Greenwich, etc, really want a close service center.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:30 PM

10,091 posts, read 14,959,511 times
I have been seeing many Tesla's around the Stamford area.

I see them parked as I walk along Bedford-Summer streets area of Stamford (I walk quite frequently in that area because, well, that's where the action is, LOL I see them zipping next to my car as I ride up and down Long Ridge/High Ridge roads, and today one passed me on I-95 as I was returning from Norwalk!

I think most people are completely oblivious to them, probably due to not knowing these are electric cars and that its a new car company. I, on the other hand, can spot these cars from miles away.

All the cars I've seen so far had Connecticut license plates (except the one on I-95 which was a NY one,) so I guess the owners live in the area.

I'm beginning to accept this as a sign from God that I should put my order soon. LOL!

Old 06-15-2013, 04:59 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post

I think most people are completely oblivious to them, probably due to not knowing these are electric cars and that its a new car company. I, on the other hand, can spot these cars from miles away.
Oblivious because it isn't distinctive. The silhouette and the rear can easily be mistaken for a Jag XF. The front grille reminds me more of a low end Dodge.

The Fisker Karma is distinctive. The Tesla is just derivative.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:12 PM

21,752 posts, read 28,077,952 times
We have one of 2 charging stations in the east at the Milford rest stop. Darien should be getting them soon too.

I see the Model S all over Milford and New Haven lately.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:06 PM

This isn't for Tesla cars only, but if you have an electric car and are ever in downtown Stamford, the public parking garage on Broad Street (across the street from Macy's/Landmark Building) has a charge station. I don't know where exactly its located, I simply saw the sign that said they have one in there.

Its quite convenient because you can go dining or attend an event in any of the places on Bedford/Summer/Atlantic/Main streets while your car charges up simultaneously.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:20 AM

109 posts, read 161,075 times
Quote:
LOL I'm glad its not just me! My daughter and I are always "Tesla-spotting". It used to be Minis, now its Teslas. We're seeing quite a few around the Boston Metro west area.
A guy pulled up in one last night as we were getting ice-cream so we had a chat, said he absolutely loves it. I'll start dreaming/saving.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:55 AM

787 posts, read 1,776,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTbrooktrout View Post
Should I have disclosed I'm a shareholder?
I bought a little the day they IPO'ed a few years ago. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Oblivious because it isn't distinctive. The silhouette and the rear can easily be mistaken for a Jag XF. The front grille reminds me more of a low end Dodge.

I'm sorry, did you just say the Tesla is derivative? Really? The entire platform is a unique, first-in-class, ground-up design. All systems were re-thought without any baggage or ideas from prior notions about how a car should or shouldn't work. If you're just referring to looks, well, personally I think they're quite distinct yet still elegant and sedate (relative to supercars), which is exactly the market niche they're targeting.

Now the Fisker was certainly an interesting car, but different (less mainstream) goals than the Tesla-S, and quite a few problems at the corporate level: Fisker Automotive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
We have one of 2 charging stations in the east at the Milford rest stop. Darien should be getting them soon too.
Yup - saw some Tesla charging stations last week at the renovated service center between Stamford and Norwalk on 95-N (that's the Darien one, right (sorry - just moved to Norwalk last week!)?).

Old 08-04-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post
Yup - saw some Tesla charging stations last week at the renovated service center between Stamford and Norwalk on 95-N (that's the Darien one, right (sorry - just moved to Norwalk last week!)?).
For the record, both of the service centers between Stamford and Norwalk are in Darien.

Welcome to CT!

Let us know what you think of the area as you get acquainted with life here.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:48 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post

I'm sorry, did you just say the Tesla is derivative? Really? The entire platform is a unique, first-in-class, ground-up design. All systems were re-thought without any baggage or ideas from prior notions about how a car should or shouldn't work. If you're just referring to looks, well, personally I think they're quite distinct yet still elegant and sedate (relative to supercars), which is exactly the market niche they're targeting.

See boldface above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut