Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 03:55 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyes33 View Post
Let me put it to you this way: I got a speeding ticket in CT in 2011 which I payed for. I later moved to VT. Two years later (2013) I get a letter from the CT DMV stating that my license was suspended for having two tickets in a three years span (2010, 2011) and that my license would remain suspended until I took a driver retraining course. Apparently the DMV had been backlogged for some time and they had only recently filed the paperwork.

Long story short, I had to drive all the way back down to CT and take a driver retraining course because all states pretty much have reciprocity at this point. You can thank the National Driver Registry for that.
You must be under 24, because you had to do the driver retraining for getting two tickets in CT within 3 years. I've heard about that. For those over 24, driver retraining is required if you get 3 tickets within 3 years. And if your license is suspended in one state, it may be hard to get one in a different state.

It's ridiculous that it took them that long to catch up with you. Typical government stupidity and inefficiency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 04:00 PM

23 posts, read 52,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
You must be under 24, because you had to do the driver retraining for getting two tickets in CT within 3 years. I've heard about that. For those over 24, driver retraining is required if you get 3 tickets within 3 years. And if your license is suspended in one state, it may be hard to get one in a different state.

It's ridiculous that it took them that long to catch up with you. Typical government stupidity and inefficiency.
Yea I was one I got the tickets at least. Also it indeed suspended my VT drivers license. The best part was that they gave me 15 days to take the class, only problem was that they didn't get the letter to me until one day before the deadline. When I asked them how I was expected to get from VT to CT without a drivers license they finally extended my deadline.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Yea I was one I got the tickets at least. Also it indeed suspended my VT drivers license. The best part was that they gave me 15 days to take the class, only problem was that they didn't get the letter to me until one day before the deadline. When I asked them how I was expected to get from VT to CT without a drivers license they finally extended my deadline.
They seem to mess up a lot. One time I got a speeding ticket and mailed in a not guilty plea, requesting a court date. I didn't hear back from them for a while, and when I did, it was a letter saying that I had an outstanding ticket to which I hadn't responded, and that they were going to suspend my license. To their credit, they did clear it up with a single phone call to the Centralized Infractions Bureau, or whatever they call it. After that, I didn't hear from them for a while again, and when I finally did, it was to give me very short notice of the court date they had assigned me.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:28 PM

23 posts, read 52,751 times
Yea the reason for my backlog was apparently because I payed my ticket online shortly after the implemented the online pay system and they had some sort of issue with it. At least, I believe it was shortly after they implemented it, they did state it had to do with that so I can only hope the reason was because of a new system and not *gasp* incompetence.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Yea the reason for my backlog was apparently because I payed my ticket online shortly after the implemented the online pay system and they had some sort of issue with it. At least, I believe it was shortly after they implemented it, they did state it had to do with that so I can only hope the reason was because of a new system and not *gasp* incompetence.
If they can't handle the use of a system they have implemented, that is incompetence.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Too bad they didn't mess up to the point that they lost track of the fact that either of us ever had tickets, and we just got off the hook....

Old 06-01-2013, 05:15 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,852,893 times
Quote:
Yep. I'm surprised i never heard/saw a story on this in the media. I received the same letter. It just said the ticket wasn't "processed", but now it is. I was just like........

Old 06-01-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Yep. I'm surprised i never heard/saw a story on this in the media. I received the same letter. It just said the ticket wasn't "processed", but now it is. I was just like........
What was your ticket for? Did you have to do driver retraining?

Old 06-01-2013, 06:00 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,852,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
What was your ticket for? Did you have to do driver retraining?
No, not one of those tickets.

It was pretty weird actually. I was driving along on 95 around Old Saybrook, trooper passes me by, then pulls me over about 2 miles down the road. I thought to myself, uh oh, i must match a description of somebody. Turned out that the registration had expired, and i forgot to renew it. Apparently the license plate capture machine told him that after he passed by me.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
No, not one of those tickets.

It was pretty weird actually. I was driving along on 95 around Old Saybrook, trooper passes me by, then pulls me over about 2 miles down the road. I thought to myself, uh oh, i must match a description of somebody. Turned out that the registration had expired, and i forgot to renew it. Apparently the license plate capture machine told him that after he passed by me.
Dude, that is one lame ticket... I wouldn't brag about that one too much....

My latest ticket, as written, is pretty lame -- only 10 over. I have to make sure to tell people I was really going 24 over...makes it sound more impressive....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut