Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 06:49 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Letting him go wouldn't be the right thing. Before you sign a lease, you know the terms.

Nep, take some friggen responsibility and grow up. You're a sad case.
I agree with both statements. But knowing how he is based on his posts past few months I wouldnt want him as a tenant at all. Its sad that there are tenants like that but like you said.. a lease is a lease. It's a hassle finding a tenant and therefore a deposit should be kept or a lawsuit for entire lease payments.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:12 AM

17 posts, read 26,977 times
I think this is the same op that was ranting a couple of years back about how much they hate CT and the people in it. Forgive me if I am wrong..but I am pretty sure I am right.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:16 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveoneanother View Post
I think this is the same op that was ranting a couple of years back about how much they hate CT and the people in it. Forgive me if I am wrong..but I am pretty sure I am right.
You are right.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:42 AM

547 posts, read 774,538 times
Haven't been on the board for a couple of days and guess who is dominating this board once again. Nep, I don't think you will ever be happy, there is no perfect place. I think we are all enablers by replying to this thread have 10+ pages on interviews and 5+ pages on apartment noise...are we going to start to pull stats on noise level city comparisons...good riddance!

Old 05-29-2013, 08:35 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times
How would you feel if you had to live 70 ft away from a busy 4-lane road with CONSTANT noise pollution and traffic, trucks, cars, etc? I simply cannot deal with it; it is unbearable. The apartment vibrates at times from all the noise and commotion outside. Any reasonable person would agree that it's over the top. For some reason, it wasn't so bad when I was shown the apartment, but now that I'm actually here....holy crap....it's intolerable. I'm trying to get out of it though. The property manager doesn't want to let me leave, due to the lease agreement. So, what I'm doing is e-mailing and texting her every single day and annoying her and complaining about how noisy it is here. Hopefully, she will eventually be like "agh **********...let him leave." So, I'm purposely trying to be a PITA tenant just to get out of here. This place is insane in the membrane.

But now there are no living options for June 1, since it's too close to the date now, and the job starts Monday. Living in an extended stay hotel is about $2,250 down here, which is obviously atrociously expensive. I may have to rescind the job offer and move back in with parents and resume the job search in the Hartford area or something.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Did you even read what I said? At the time of the apartment viewing, the noise level wasn't that bad. Now, that I've been here for several days, it's BAD and it's constant. Would YOU like to live in these noisy conditions?
Before I purchased every house, I sat on the street during both rush hours and listened. I walked the neighborhoods with my dog to see how the neighbors were. I even drove the streets at night to see if you can hear a hum from the highway. I've passed up places due to noise. This is your fault. Nobody elses.

I hope the property manager watches you very closely. Actually, I hope s/he reads these boards.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:09 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Before I purchased every house, I sat on the street during both rush hours and listened. I walked the neighborhoods with my dog to see how the neighbors were. I even drove the streets at night to see if you can hear a hum from the highway. I've passed up places due to noise. This is your fault. Nobody elses.

I hope the property manager watches you very closely. Actually, I hope s/he reads these boards.
So now I'm stuck here for the entire year? This noise pollution is unbearable. I've got to get out of here ASAP.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:13 AM

34 posts, read 57,524 times
Yikes. It's a good thing you have a good relationship with your parents - you could be living with them again for a while. In my experience, once you break a lease it can become hard to find someone willing to rent to you again for several years.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
So now I'm stuck here for the entire year? This noise pollution is unbearable. I've got to get out of here ASAP.
You signed a contract. If that's what it says, then that's what it is. So unless the manager finds it in their heart to let you out of it, then deal with it.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:16 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
You didn't buy the place. Calm down. I bought a townhouse in Danbury before checking the area out fully. It was near a loud road, a train crossing (VERY loud whistle x2 every hour), and some, well, undesirable neighbors. It was upsetting and a learning experience. I wound up getting very lucky and being able to sell it and break even. I then bought a house in a neighborhood where you could hear a pin drop and very low traffic.

If I was renting and had to live there ONE YEAR I wouldn't have even flinched. Just suck it up. You will get used to the noise. If not, put a damn fan on or some music and stop being so dramatic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut