Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 05:37 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp625 View Post

I, for one, was hoping that he would bring his influencial power and knowledge (the same attributes that helped turn Stamford around) to the state table.

I was very optimistic based upon the change that i saw Stamford undergo during his tenure as mayor.

I have finally come to a conclusion in the last couple months regarding his tenure as governor.

Bring on McKinney...........

Old 07-17-2013, 05:49 PM

21,738 posts, read 28,070,632 times
I would not mind a Mark Boughton run.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:51 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I would not mind a Mark Boughton run.
I wouldn't either, but i don't think he would have the name recognition of McKinney.

Hopefully people still do remember his dad, Stew. I don't want Foley.
Or McMahon. LOL.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:55 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,219 times
Since I have sold my home I will not have the opportunity to not vote for Malloy. We are heading somewhere south of NJ. He really hasn't done too much to improve the fiscal situation of the state..but some people think he's the greatest.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:17 PM

123 posts, read 166,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
Why are people upset with Malloy?

He's doing exactly what he set out to do. Spend more tax dollars by increasing the amount of capital allocated to the public sector. Spending in his budget increases 10% despite the largest tax increase in history.

Most of his other plans to keep businesses here involve bribing companies with huge playoffs that only keep high profile companies from fleeing. If you are a democrat you essentially agree with a large government role in the economy so why are you upset if you voted for him?

Do you even understand the reprecusions of Your vote? All the comments say he'll no or no I'd rather smoke meth but don't explain what you are upset about.

All the comments demonstrate your all clueless or simply don't care about the direction this state is heading

I'm not blaming Malloy I'm blaming stupid democratic voters like you for the states problems
For the record, I didn't vote for him. He barely won and I knew he would raise our taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILF
I've only voted for one democrat my entire life and that was for Lieberman when
he ran as an independent against Ned Lamont. I'm not a democrat or a republican.
I think they both suck and we should gut the fed down to emergency management,
military, and border security with a flat tax for everyone.
I totally agree and also only voted once for Lieberman for the same reason. I knew there was a reason I befriended you FILF

Old 07-17-2013, 07:41 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,016,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I wouldn't either, but i don't think he would have the name recognition of McKinney.

Hopefully people still do remember his dad, Stew. I don't want Foley.
Or McMahon. LOL.
Why are you for or against a particular candidate?

What policy exacly are you for or against?

Not really much substance in these posts

I think taxes are destroying the state economy

not sure what policy you support probably a democrat most of the voters with no issues tend to vote for them

Old 07-17-2013, 08:06 PM

64 posts, read 151,762 times
Canidates

Declared
. Thomas C. Foley

Potential
.Toni Boucher
.Mark Boughton
.Michael Fedele
.Mark Lauretti
.John P. McKinney
.Chris Shays

Declined
.Lawrence F. Cafero
.Pauline R. Kezer
.Linda McMahon

Got from wikipedia.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:52 PM

21,738 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
Why are you for or against a particular candidate?

What policy exacly are you for or against?

Not really much substance in these posts

I think taxes are destroying the state economy

not sure what policy you support probably a democrat most of the voters with no issues tend to vote for them
Why the need to be so inquisitive? Just because he's not writing a dissertation on his voting preferences doesn't mean he doesn't have good reason for his voting decisions.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:43 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,947,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiazer123 View Post
Canidates

Declared
. Thomas C. Foley

Potential
.Toni Boucher
.Mark Boughton
.Michael Fedele
.Mark Lauretti
.John P. McKinney
.Chris Shays

Declined
.Lawrence F. Cafero
.Pauline R. Kezer
.Linda McMahon

Got from wikipedia.
I'd pick McKinney or Boughton.

I don't know why people keep bringing up Shays. He's been out of office 5 years and is nearly 70 years old. Might as well suggest Jodi Rell.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:30 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I'd pick McKinney or Boughton.

I don't know why people keep bringing up Shays. He's been out of office 5 years and is nearly 70 years old. Might as well suggest Jodi Rell.
You just picked the Republican off the list I would most likely vote for.

Neil Abercrombie, the governor of Hawaii is 75. If you can do the job, you can do the job.

The CT Department of Aging Commissioner is 87....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut