Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 10:04 AM

34,700 posts, read 56,496,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig1985 View Post
JayCT

Is there some kind of secret prize for the member who starts the most thread or generates the most replies in his thread?

If there is please give it to nep now to spare us the insanity.
Sorry there is no such prize but nep certainly does add to this forum. His post have grown on me. JayCT, Moderator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 10:09 AM

34,700 posts, read 56,496,602 times
Well Nep, I hate to say "we told you so" but we did tell you pretty much all of the things you complained about. Fairfield County is a part of New York City metro area so of course everything is geared toward the city. You are right that Hartford is a more independent city and is much easier to live in particularly for someone like you. Still if someone wants to live in the suburbs with easy access to New York, Fairfield County is a great place to live. Unfortunately that is not what you want. Anyway I wish you the best. Jay

Old 07-21-2013, 10:57 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,067,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHusky1 View Post
Anyway, we recently moved to Newtown and now shop in Danbury & Brookfield....no more weekend headaches.
Well, 84 can be a problem, too. For Brookfield, try Whisconier (sp?).

Old 07-21-2013, 11:14 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,776,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHusky1 View Post
Anyway, we recently moved to Newtown and now shop in Danbury & Brookfield....no more weekend headaches.
You don't even need to leave town for groceries. The 2 best markets in FFC(Big Y and Caraluzzi's) are right across from each other.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:29 AM

21,553 posts, read 27,789,320 times
You do feel trapped by traffic in that area, even on weekends. I do think you'd be happier in a Redding/Easton/Trumbull/Shelton type setting. Shelton is just as cheap as many Hartford area towns, quiet, everything you seem to want. But you seem not willing to commute by train any distance. So you're kinda stuck.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:17 PM

71 posts, read 161,292 times
Just moved to Wilton and I have to agree with you on the font used for road signs, nep. Obviously picked out by a hippie on drugs!

I grew up in north Stamford and left 18 years ago to go to college. We are back in CT due to my husband's work. It is a HUGE adjustment and I grew up here and even have visited my parents multiple times a year. Just today I was in a rage over the .05 deposit on cans. Returning them was such a PITA. Not worth it. I'll finally give up my Coke Zero addiction because of it. Too many chemicals anyway.

Definitely check out Sherwood Island beach vs Compo- it was $9 to park.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTrunner View Post
Just moved to Wilton and I have to agree with you on the font used for road signs, nep. Obviously picked out by a hippie on drugs!
Huh?

Did Wilton recently change their street signs?

W2PA???

Old 07-21-2013, 12:37 PM

3,432 posts, read 3,911,190 times
Wilton has a unique font they use for street signs in town. I have no idea why they do this.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
Wilton has a unique font they use for street signs in town. I have no idea why they do this.
Actually now that i think about, i do know what you're talking about. But not every street has that style font. IIRC, the signs in Wilton center are more typical font.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:51 PM

3,346 posts, read 4,134,179 times
Wilton residential streets in the entire town use a Gothic font. You'll see them from the Georgetown area down to the Westport line. You may not see any though if you drive on route 7 to downtown/Ridgefield road- that's a primarily commercial drag. But make another turn and take a close look on a side street. I actually like the effect- it is somewhat subtle, classy and I always know when I'm still in town since the scenery blends together particularly when crossing into Weston or North Westport. I also can't believe this would annoy a person but there is always NEP. I actually think he is uncomfortable in Fairfield county since the wealth is he accustomed to is a dime a dozen and he doesn't stand out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut