Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2019, 09:49 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
Sometimes you just gotta give a hand for an opposing party meeting you half way.
Unfortunately, in 2019, neither politicians or their followers - on both sides - can do that.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:24 AM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Unfortunately, in 2019, neither politicians or their followers - on both sides - can do that.
I agree. This is why our state and country are such a mess. Compromise is the basis of getting anything done. Today's politician does not understand that and it sadly shows. This attitude will be the death of the two party system we have. Here in Connecticut that likely means the death of the Republican Party. Jay

Old 09-18-2019, 11:28 AM

2,358 posts, read 2,181,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
100%. The death of good faith governing is the death of Republics.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:40 AM

Though Alexion has relocated its headquarters to Boston, it still has a major commitment to New Haven and is planning an expansion there. Great news, Jay

https://www.newhavenbiz.com/article/...s-nh-expansion

Old 09-18-2019, 11:50 AM

996 posts, read 378,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I agree. This is why our state and country are such a mess. Compromise is the basis of getting anything done. Today's politician does not understand that and it sadly shows. This attitude will be the death of the two party system we have. Here in Connecticut that likely means the death of the Republican Party. Jay
I am not so sure of that. Hasn't the Republican party increased their percentage of CT Legislators most recently ?

I would wait until the next few elections before making any predictions . With all the tax increases, the lagging economically of CT compared to other New England States, and the leftward path that the DNC seems to be navigating gearing up for the 2020 election , that might have an affect on voters.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
I am not so sure of that. Hasn't the Republican party increased their percentage of CT Legislators most recently ?

I would wait until the next few elections before making any predictions . With all the tax increases, the lagging economically of CT compared to other New England States, and the leftward path that the DNC seems to be navigating gearing up for the 2020 election , that might have an affect on voters.
No. Before the election the Connecticut House had 71 Republicans. Today it is 60. The Connecticut Senate had 18 Republicans before the election but now has just 14. Keep in mind that this is after we had the lowest rated Governor, a Democrat, in the country. That is why I am so critical of the party. They are losing ground in a state where the Democrats are commonly blamed for all its problems. If ever there was a state that was ready for a change, it’s ours but the Connecticut Republicans could not muster enough votes to hold their ground, let alone increase it. Jay

Old 09-19-2019, 04:46 AM

4,537 posts, read 6,795,938 times
Quote:
No. Before the election the Connecticut House had 71 Republicans. Today it is 60. The Connecticut Senate had 18 Republicans before the election but now has just 14. Keep in mind that this is after we had the lowest rated Governor, a Democrat, in the country. That is why I am so critical of the party. They are losing ground in a state where the Democrats are commonly blamed for all its problems. If ever there was a state that was ready for a change, it’s ours but the Connecticut Republicans could not muster enough votes to hold their ground, let alone increase it. Jay
It's their message. Almost every piece of literature I receive starts with "Say No!" or "Eliminate." Fear is embedded in nearly every message. There is no plan for finding a solution involving negotiation, partnerships, or cooperation. True leaders know that their message must inspire hope and confidence and a vision that steers the way to a better future for all involved. It's true for both parties. The dystopian picture portrayed by the far left is similarly distasteful.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
It's their message. Almost every piece of literature I receive starts with "Say No!" or "Eliminate." Fear is embedded in nearly every message. There is no plan for finding a solution involving negotiation, partnerships, or cooperation. True leaders know that their message must inspire hope and confidence and a vision that steers the way to a better future for all involved. It's true for both parties. The dystopian picture portrayed by the far left is similarly distasteful.
That has been a big complaint of mine too. How often do you see a dower looking State Senator Len Fasano or State Rep Themis Klarides standing in front of the media criticizing something the Democrats did. It’s almost a daily occurrence. It sends such a negative message about the party to voters. No wonder the party does so poorly at election time. I write the party and it’s leaders about this all the time. I would think other Republicans do too. It’s sad that the party leadership does not understand this. Until they do the party is doomed to failure. Jay

Old 09-19-2019, 08:43 AM

996 posts, read 378,542 times
Quote:
That has been a big complaint of mine too. How often do you see a dower looking State Senator Len Fasano or State Rep Themis Klarides standing in front of the media criticizing something the Democrats did. It’s almost a daily occurrence. It sends such a negative message about the party to voters. No wonder the party does so poorly at election time. I write the party and it’s leaders about this all the time. I would think other Republicans do too. It’s sad that the party leadership does not understand this. Until they do the party is doomed to failure. Jay
I wish Republicans would call Democrats out more often. The citizens of CT should be made aware, again and again of the damage Democrats have done to the Economic Climate here, the Business environment here, the damaging fabric of state agencies , and the lack of economic growth compared to other New England States. Not to mention their preoccupation with Social Justice.

Democrats have now elevated themselves to not only adding new taxes, but they don't even have the particulars in place when they are ready to be implemented. It is if they are in such in a hurry to burden everyone they couldn't care less about the details.

The Republican Party does poor at Election time because they are too soft. They should perhaps take lessons form Leftist Democrats.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:42 AM

Please stop the bickering and off topic discussion and return to the topic of the thread which is the Economic Climate of the state. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut