Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2021, 12:14 PM

3,430 posts, read 3,902,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Hard to believe but Connecticut is about to adopt a budget that not only pays our bills but has a built in surplus and actually addresses our pension debts. With our Rainy Day Fund rapidly growing toward its allowable maximum of 15% of the General Fund (about $3.5 billion), our budget over the next two years will still have a $2.3 billion surplus that will be used to address future pension obligations. Unbelievable. Jay

http://ctmirror.org/2021/06/08/new-c...f-2-3-billion/
And its bi-partisan with no tax hikes.

Old 06-09-2021, 03:27 PM

34,636 posts, read 56,378,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
Miracles do occur. Praise be. . Jay

Old 06-09-2021, 04:44 PM

33,746 posts, read 16,732,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
Good. Now the trick is to repeat that year in, year out, lack of tax hikes.

Old 06-09-2021, 04:49 PM

929 posts, read 300,132 times
Fantastic. This along with the no tax increases in the town I live in makes me pleased that I chose to stay in CT in retirement.

Old 06-09-2021, 07:24 PM

34,636 posts, read 56,378,147 times
So Hartford State Senator John Fonfara issued a very strong statement about the budget. Fonfara, who is Co-Chair of the tax writing committee, was a staunch advocate of raising taxes on the wealthy and greatly increasing the capital gains tax. He called the budget “status quo” and then went on to say that the state’s “policies are a knee on the neck of the Black community and other under-served communities of our state. We can do better, and we must do better.”

I don’t know about you but that statement makes me livid. It’s bad enough that this State Senator is completely clueless on the negative impact that the significant tax increase would have on our state but to equate it to the George Floyd incident is disgusting and disrespectful to Mr. Floyd, his family and the entire black community. Talk about politicizing. Jay

https://www.courant.com/politics/hc-...dum-story.html

Old 06-09-2021, 07:50 PM

21,494 posts, read 27,723,916 times
Quote:
So Hartford State Senator John Fonfara issued a very strong statement about the budget. Fonfara, who is Co-Chair of the tax writing committee, was a staunch advocate of raising taxes on the wealthy and greatly increasing the capital gains tax. He called the budget “status quo” and then went on to say that the state’s “policies are a knee on the neck of the Black community and other under-served communities of our state. We can do better, and we must do better.”

I don’t know about you but that statement makes me livid. It’s bad enough that this State Senator is completely clueless on the negative impact that the significant tax increase would have on our state but to equate it to the George Floyd incident is disgusting and disrespectful to Mr. Floyd, his family and the entire black community. Talk about politicizing. Jay

Good lord. That’s a horrible thing to say and very racist for a white politician to use that kind of virtue baiting to get his way. Gross.

Old 06-09-2021, 09:05 PM

33,746 posts, read 16,732,718 times
Quote:

Race-baiting 101, and the "woke" crowd will salute. Horrific, but sadly what I expect from our clowns, a/k/a State Senators.

Old 06-09-2021, 10:40 PM

21,516 posts, read 30,916,542 times
Quote:

That’s reprehensible and is just another example of a Connecticut democrat embracing the extreme leftists “woke” agenda. It’s wild that people up there are not only making excuses for this garbage, but still voting for them.

Get rid of this, and now. It’s amazing to me that people are still voting D.

Old 06-10-2021, 05:34 AM

4,316 posts, read 4,167,551 times
There is also totem pole for ethics, morals etc. Politicians are at the bottom. Why is anyone surprised?

Old 06-10-2021, 06:44 AM

649 posts, read 724,329 times
Quote:
Hard to believe but Connecticut is about to adopt a budget that not only pays our bills but has a built in surplus and actually addresses our pension debts. With our Rainy Day Fund rapidly growing toward its allowable maximum of 15% of the General Fund (about $3.5 billion), our budget over the next two years will still have a $2.3 billion surplus that will be used to address future pension obligations. Unbelievable. Jay

http://ctmirror.org/2021/06/08/new-c...f-2-3-billion/
Nothing hard to believe, CT like all other states got a lot of free money from the Fed because of Covid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut