Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2021, 01:48 PM

34,642 posts, read 56,419,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWUser1 View Post
Could you please provide how many of those 200 are Americans? Not on their visas or those that are not of Indian origin? And also similar numbers among the total they employ in the whole US that are serving clients across the country? Much of the work is done here? OK, but by whom??
That tells you their business model. No matter what changes - they (along with other Indian IT companies/consultancies) find a way/loophole to cheat the system (may appear legal on paper) and bring in boatload of Indians to US and rest of the developed world.

The problem I see is - it is open world, agree. If businesses outsource for cheaper costs, OK. But they cannot also replace employees here in the US with their own people. Say our corporations do business in rest of the world and I am sure other than a handful, rest all are locals. Then let's say Japanese companies. I am not exactly sure on numbers, but think that Toyota, Honda etc. may have some Japanese but do not think they will bring in 90% of Japanese into US in all of their facilities, dealerships etc.

But what we see with Infosys and Indian outsourcing firms is that - they take ALL the outsourced jobs AND also take ALL the jobs in US. In the US I am sure each of these companies will have 90% or more people of Indians on visas or people of Indian origin. Do not tell no skills or shortage of skills in America. It is we or the developed world who brought in all these technologies. We have internet here in the US when Indians in India do not even know or saw what a computer is. So, for the time being, say skills shortage. No American available at all to do the copy paste work many of them do (comedy), let's assume it's the case. But you see there are many of them as Project Managers, Business Analysts, QA, front office, HR, Finance, every other function/job also filled by Indians or people of Indian origin or one among them.

See how many IT departments have laid of their employees silently and replaced them with thousands/thousands of Indians?

All this flashy headlines are to coverup the bad publicity they are getting. Nothing more than that.

It is not their fault, it is the fault of our politicians who let that happen shamelessly. Literally they sold America. Damage already happened. Not sure anything can be done or our corrupt politicians will try to fix that. Sad but true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Yes. Hundred percent. They take jobs from skilled and qualified US citizens. Some even come on this Forum asking for towns with Indian communities. They know there's others here.
It's different than the southern borders. Those personnel come off the buses and planes ready to grab a broom or strap on a backpack leaf blower the minute they step off. US citizens don't want those jobs. Lawanda from Project Gardens unit 2C or Ashley Trashley at the mobile home park aren't getting off the couches to clean someone else's toilet. Maybe not even their own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
+5 Could not rep you again so this will have to do

You should care where the workers come from. The jobs are here but don't kid yourself, workers are coming from overseas. It's really no different than outsourcing, they're just moving them here instead.

Then they pack themselves double the capacity (or more) into local apartments/condos, robbing the landlords of their fair rent. And please, don't tell me that doesn't happen. I work with management companies and have friends that do too.

I even question the qualified on paper part. Come on, we've all talked to outsourced customer service. Try being in IT and having to deal with this on a daily basis, either working in house with them or having to work on the phone with them. It's pure h***. CEOs don't care because all they see is the dollars. I have friends who are still in IT in big companies and it gets worse daily.

I got out of IT years ago for this reason. I have seen friends replaced by people who can't even speak English and who couldn't learn the job. But in order to get their severance, they couldn't talk to outsiders, they couldn't complain, they just had to teach the people who couldn't even learn the job. Talk about a kick in the head to 20+ year employees.

Infosys and ones like them are pure slime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It’s important to realize that a lot of that money does not go back into the local economy - it gets sent back to their home country, where many of their extended family resides.
So you all advocate our country regulating private businesses to restrict who they do business with and who they can hire? Really? So much for the free market capitalist economy. Jay

Old 11-01-2021, 10:26 AM

21,529 posts, read 30,936,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
So you all advocate our country regulating private businesses to restrict who they do business with and who they can hire? Really? So much for the free market capitalist economy. Jay
I’m not advocating anything - not sure how you came to the conclusion that I was. I’m just noting that the money likely will not be pumped back into our local economy the way it would if Americans were hired to fill the position.

Old 11-01-2021, 11:06 AM

427 posts, read 487,719 times
Quote:
Jay, Think you can do better.
Before this gets deleted telling topic deviation or something, want to know - you took time to list down all the posts in your response but conveniently ignored to list my post below asking what will be your response if you or your family members are impacted by the mess that is going on? Also instead of passing a blanket statement on free market again and again and beating in the bush, what's your response on some of the concerns raised in those posts?

Quote:
Those who lost their jobs for no fault of theirs because of this injustice will care. Those who cannot find another position because same thing happening in most of the places, across the country and those who cannot pay their mortgage, bills any more and who has to resort to Uber or other jobs will care. Not the greedy corrupted executives or politicians who are responsible for this mess.

Just curious, if your position is eliminated for no fault of your own and replaced by an underqualified Indian (qualified only on paper), who cannot even speak proper English, and if you have to train him or her to do your job, will you not care even then? Will it be the same response?
Don't get me wrong, I do not want that to happen to you, but just curious what will be your response on free market, if it happens?

We can have a free capitalist economy but got to be "fair". NOT the CORRUPTED one we have now where Americans losing jobs in thousands for no fault of their own but because of corrupted executives and politicians. What we have now is NOT a free market, we have a CORRUPTED/greedy market which is causing irreparable damage to Americans and especially younger generations.

Already you will not see even single digit younger American's in junior positions (developers/testers/QA/analysts etc. etc.) in any of the big American corporations IT departments or the so called Infosy's, TCS's, Wipro's of the world, so much so for their US hiring. Already destroyed. Not everyone can be Mark Zuckerberg and start companies like FB in their early 20's. Younger Americans need these jobs. Experienced Americans need to keep their jobs and cannot be on the road, doing Uber and driving their Indian/Foreign replacements to do their jobs for no fault of their own. Situation is that bad across the country whether you agree or not.

Last edited by JayCT; 11-02-2021 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: Remove calling out Moderator

Old 11-01-2021, 02:03 PM

570 posts, read 470,680 times
Default Nope/

Quote:
Who cares where the workers are from. They are good jobs that add to our economy and at least they are jobs here and not overseas. Is that what you’d rather have?

The last I looked our country was a free market capitalist economy. Part of that is government not interfering with business. They can regulate it to a point but when it comes to requiring a private business to hire only American citizens, that goes too far. You may not like it but that’s the way it works. Jay
Free market capitalism? Capitalism is also risk and freedom to fail. When you bailout every institution with trillions in free money as well as buying all the banks bad, risky debt then it is 'state capitalism' as CEO of Bridgewater recently said. It all goes on credit card for US taxpayers. We all should care who is taking jobs and how businesses are allowed to skirt around laws to ensure US workers have no leverage. I see the H1B being used in all non-tech or non-engineer roles that could easily be filled in US labor market. I saw a stat for Deloitte that a total of 57K H-1B visa workers over years and only a small % actually made to green card sponsorship. Churn and burn then send back to India. Not right for US worker and giving any leverage.

Old 11-01-2021, 02:20 PM

6,590 posts, read 3,551,262 times
Quote:
So you advocate our country regulating private businesses who they can hire?
Yes

Old 11-02-2021, 07:29 AM

4,316 posts, read 4,170,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Yank View Post
Free market capitalism? Capitalism is also risk and freedom to fail. When you bailout every institution with trillions in free money as well as buying all the banks bad, risky debt then it is 'state capitalism' as CEO of Bridgewater recently said. It all goes on credit card for US taxpayers. We all should care who is taking jobs and how businesses are allowed to skirt around laws to ensure US workers have no leverage. I see the H1B being used in all non-tech or non-engineer roles that could easily be filled in US labor market. I saw a stat for Deloitte that a total of 57K H-1B visa workers over years and only a small % actually made to green card sponsorship. Churn and burn then send back to India. Not right for US worker and giving any leverage.
When it comes it things are cross borders, yes, there are "inequalities", and especially wages are very disparate. Those Indian nationals, families, parents, etc built a society that pays peanuts. Same for us Americans. Our families, our parents, and we ourselves continue to build a society that pays a lot better.

We are only 350 million people. India is over 1.5 billion. We cannot open our benefits to the rest of the world, who have not contributed a dime to our society. So yes, this is where I would use the Federal Govt -- protect the interests of Americans against foreigners taking away their livelihood.

This is the correct use of a national Govt.

Old 11-02-2021, 07:44 AM

6,460 posts, read 4,860,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
When it comes it things are cross borders, yes, there are "inequalities", and especially wages are very disparate. Those Indian nationals, families, parents, etc built a society that pays peanuts. Same for us Americans. Our families, our parents, and we ourselves continue to build a society that pays a lot better.

We are only 350 million people. India is over 1.5 billion. We cannot open our benefits to the rest of the world, who have not contributed a dime to our society. So yes, this is where I would use the Federal Govt -- protect the interests of Americans against foreigners taking away their livelihood.

Agreed

Old 11-02-2021, 08:01 AM

6,590 posts, read 3,551,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Agreed
On the other hand, you guys are ok with a rich white European expat taking a VP postion at ABC Corp in the US though? you're totally fine with that, right?

I agree the the Infosys grunt work should go to Hartford area residents. Yes. Hundred percent.

Old 11-02-2021, 08:06 AM

6,460 posts, read 4,860,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
On the other hand, you guys are ok with a rich white European expat taking a VP postion at ABC Corp in the US though? you're totally fine with that, right?

I agree the the Infosys grunt work should go to Hartford area residents. Yes. Hundred percent.
Um, you said yes to Jay's question yesterday. I think you agreed to all too

I think there is a line, somewhere, but how it can be drawn I have no idea. It's the Infosys' of the world and their culture that have really made a mess of things.

Old 11-02-2021, 08:29 AM

25,238 posts, read 12,364,928 times
Quote:
Jay, I see that you are a senior member and also a moderator. Think you can do better.
Before this gets deleted telling topic deviation or something, want to know - you took time to list down all the posts in your response but conveniently ignored to list my post below asking what will be your response if you or your family members are impacted by the mess that is going on? Also instead of passing a blanket statement on free market again and again and beating in the bush, what's your response on some of the concerns raised in those posts?

Don't get me wrong, I do not want that to happen to you, but just curious what will be your response on free market, if it happens?

We can have a free capitalist economy but got to be "fair". NOT the CORRUPTED one we have now where Americans losing jobs in thousands for no fault of their own but because of corrupted executives and politicians. What we have now is NOT a free market, we have a CORRUPTED/greedy market which is causing irreparable damage to Americans and especially younger generations.

Already you will not see even single digit younger American's in junior positions (developers/testers/QA/analysts etc. etc.) in any of the big American corporations IT departments or the so called Infosy's, TCS's, Wipro's of the world, so much so for their US hiring. Already destroyed. Not everyone can be Mark Zuckerberg and start companies like FB in their early 20's. Younger Americans need these jobs. Experienced Americans need to keep their jobs and cannot be on the road, doing Uber and driving their Indian/Foreign replacements to do their jobs for no fault of their own. Situation is that bad across the country whether you agree or not.
^^^ I agree with your thoughts. The top 1% are colluding to control the bottom 99%, & this IT jobs outsourcing, is just 1 example of it.

Small business is America's backbone, which is why I posted a link to a CT small biz consortium's take on CT's current economy.

Did you know only 17.5% of Americans work at Fortune 500's? I'm not sure if that same small % holds true in CT, but I hope CT's residents & gov't will focus upon small & medium-sized businesses moreso, than its Fortune 500's. The Fortune 500's have the resurces they need already, or they wouldn't be so large.

Listening the wants and needs of CT's small businesses is a smarter play imho. All big companies start out as small companies. Nuture small businesses to get more big businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut