Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 03:53 AM

174 posts, read 172,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Not necessarily. GE also has to keep its top executives happy, particularly if they are going to attract the best and brightest. Just like Bridgewater canceling their move to Stamford. It was not so much that the developer and the city couldn't come to an agreement on the building and the boatyard issues as their top executives balked at having to commute to Stamford. We will see. Jay
This is true. And many of their mid level employees, who live in the New Haven area, voiced concerns. I think they finally realized it would add hundreds of new vehicles to 95 between Norwalk and Stamford, the well known nightmare stretch.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:31 AM

4,316 posts, read 4,203,050 times
Quote:
Just like Bridgewater canceling their move to Stamford. It was not so much that the developer and the city couldn't come to an agreement on the building and the boatyard issues as their top executives balked at having to commute to Stamford. We will see. Jay
I think they wanted Stamford, but didn't want it bad enough. They did pursue the deal, you know.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:03 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,487,187 times
It appears GE is mad at the US in all aspects. GE closing U.S. engine plant, moving to Canada; cites lack of U.S. export financing

All these moves point to GE moving. They do NOT bluff.

What CT does have going for it is that our Senators supported the Ex-Im Bank.

Last edited by Mr_250; 10-02-2015 at 09:24 AM..

Old 10-02-2015, 11:45 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Malloy spoke to a group of businessmen in Stamford yesterday and is touting that Connecticut is a lot more business-friendly than either New York or New Jersey. He claims we are doing fine attracting new business which is questionable at best. I know what many of you will say. Jay

Malloy: N.Y., N.J.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:22 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Quote:
Malloy spoke to a group of businessmen in Stamford yesterday and is touting that Connecticut is a lot more business-friendly than either New York or New Jersey. He claims we are doing fine attracting new business which is questionable at best. I know what many of you will say. Jay

Stamford is one of NYC satellite cities 33 miles from Midtown Manhattan and faster train acess into NYC. Trains leaving stamford every 12 mins into Grand Central during rush hour times better than New Haven Union Station 18-25 mins.

Jersey City, Stamford, White Plains, New Rochelle soon be to Downtown Newark.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:39 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,672 times
Quote:

Malloy couldn't convince a brick wall that were a better businesses climate state than NY and NJ. Parts of the NY and NJ are doing better than us.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:02 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
Malloy couldn't convince a brick wall that were a better businesses climate state than NY and NJ. Parts of the NY and NJ are doing better than us.
You could say that parts of Connecticut are doing better as well. Overall though, Connecticut's unemployment rate (5.3%) is a good amount lower than New Jersey's (5.7%) and only slightly higher than New York's (5.4%). Jay

Old 10-02-2015, 03:31 PM

402 posts, read 686,182 times
Quote:

sorta like "I'd rather have a heart attack than brain cancer???" doubt this logic

Old 10-02-2015, 05:22 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:

Ted Baxter thought he was a great newsman, too.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:41 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,266,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBigGreen View Post
I highly suspect that, should GE choose to move to Atlanta, the people holding the types of jobs in question will not experience any decline in their quality of life. They will have the option of living in the areas of the metro Atlanta area that are, by any objective measure, on par with anything that Connecticut has to offer with regards to education, health care, recreational activities etc. Just within a half hour to an hour drive they will have access to Emory hospitals, Childrens Healthcare of Atanta, the amazing private schools in the Buckhead area or the top flight public schools of the northern Metro area. Add to that the fact that real estate- and taxes- can be a relative bargain compared to Fairfield County and their disposable income will likely be more.

Atlanta may not be your cup of tea, but, having lived in one of the nicer suburbs there, I can say without a doubt that people there can enjoy a very high quality of life.
Please stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut