Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2016, 08:09 AM

14,053 posts, read 13,929,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post
Alot of it comes from ffc and down. For example. Look at old grenwi. They work in nyc but have million dallor homes and pay home taxes to ct. Which isaot of money. These hundred plus thousand dallor carss and car taxes to ct. If you add that up it account a big portion of the state funds. If they start moving thats money the state was once get not receiving any more.

States give companies big tax breaks and ect so in alot of states they make most of their money with citizens. Look at Florida for example. 10+ years ago their state was in the same situation. But they now have a high rate of retirement there which again pays taxes and bring the state more money. Ct needs to find away to attract more people to the state, if not they cant keep spending like they was because when jobs and people move out, so does the money.
Few wealthy people just move out of the CT there was article on Hartford courant. Stamford is economic engine of the state

Old 02-26-2016, 08:12 AM

2,753 posts, read 3,311,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Does it really matter to businesses in Connecticut if the budget is a deficit? I have never heard of a company saying we are leaving because they can't balance the budgets. I could see the taxes as a reason and they might be concerned about increased taxes but Malloy seems to be saying he is not raising taxes.

Not sure if this matters but doesn't anyone notice a lot more cars on the road in the morning and at night? More cars equals more people working, right?
Remember the last time he said he won't raise taxes...and the time before that.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
Remember the last time he said he won't raise taxes...and the time before that.
Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven got Malloy in

http://www.courant.com/data-desk/hc-...htmlstory.html

Old 02-26-2016, 08:21 AM

The top 4,000 tax payers in the state contribute 35% of revenues which is in Stamford/Westport/Greenwich area. The other 65% of revenues comes from the next 49+% of earners - the upper and middle class.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:02 AM

Editorial: Connecticut must cut back on employee overtime, benefits

Old 02-26-2016, 09:15 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
Only issue is I heard stories since I interact with some of these state workers. That they are mandated to stay due staffing shortages working 48 hour's to 72 hour's. Like any human can't really stay awake so they sleep during the night during their shifts. It's less eliminate overtime and fund the money into hiring more people.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:55 AM

Malloy Says UConn Contract Could Make It Tougher To Balance Budget

Dannel P. Malloy said the UConn Professional Employees Association contract, if approved as-is, will make all other contracts much more difficult to enter into or to negotiate. "I think there are things that are going to make the legislature's job a lot harder if they intend to balance the budget," he said.

CROMWELL — Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Thursday that the UConn contract under consideration by legislators this week "does not fully represent the new economic reality" and if it goes forward will make balancing the budget "a lot harder."

The contract between UConn and the school's largest union calls for pay raises and a longer workweek.

"I'm not sure what the status is with respect to what the legislature intends to do," Malloy said. "I will tell you that that contract does not fully represent the new economic reality, and I have some concerns about it, but the legislature is in charge on this one. I don't have a role to play."

However, Malloy said of the UConn Professional Employees Association contract: "I think on the wage side, it's livable. On the increasing hours and compensation, it's difficult and with respect to pension changes, which I'm not even sure they have the ability to make, it's difficult."

Malloy said he thinks "there's an economic reality that people are having a hard time adjusting to." He added, "at a time that we're talking about layoffs, increasing the number of layoffs that would be required to balance the budget this year and next year is, I think, dangerous."

Malloy Says UConn Contract Could Make It Tougher To Balance Budget - Hartford Courant

Old 02-26-2016, 10:24 AM

34,926 posts, read 56,924,455 times
People here question the value of the aid the state provides to companies expanding in our state. Here is a company that exceeded their requirements. Jay

Stamford co. surpasses job targets under 2010 aid - Connecticut Post

Old 02-26-2016, 12:22 PM

Malloy admits CT is getting worst.

HARTFORD – Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Friday that the state's already precarious financial situation could get worse.

"I think it could get better, it could get worse,'' the Democratic governor told reporters during a press conference at the state legislative office building. "By the way, have you ever not heard me not say that the numbers could get worse? "Cause I've been saying it for months.''

When a reporter observed that some lawmakers believe the numbers could improve, Malloy interjected, "that's not gonna to happen, that's just not gonna happen. I think there's a bigger downside than there is an upside."

Gov. Malloy Says the State's Budget Deficits Could Get Worse - Hartford Courant

Old 02-26-2016, 01:51 PM

Prediction

Malloy will raises taxes to fill in CT 1 billion budget issue in coming months, lay off more state employees, major cuts every in department, less aid money for cities and towns it will put some cities in deeper budget trouble, Malloy want tolls in CT by 2017 to pay for transportation funds, Two major companies threaten to leave the state, New numbers figures more people leaving CT 2015-2016 figures, CT will see GE fully effect till next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut