Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 09:28 AM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetek View Post
hi all, here's a fresh opinion from someone coming from third world country, don't judge me by that, I'm well educated, well traveled and hard working. I've been in CT for only a few years and it took me six months to understand that I need to get the hell out of here. It's not only the economy, it's the overall human development which suffers in CT. When I was coming here I thought I was coming to a well developed state which is rural in a positive way, imagine Switzerland, a country where cows coexist with solar powered lawn mower robots. Unfortunately, it's not even close, and what's even worse is that it's very hard to meet a professional, and it doesn't matter if you talk about IT or medicine, I have certain health issues and I have to deal with doctors almost weekly, their skill level is at least mediocre, only 2 doctors out of 15 I dealt with are worth the salary they are making, others are mediocre at most.
Most of the people here have never been to Europe, heck, a lot of people never been to NY or MA. The only hope for this state is graduates, and guess what happens with graduates? They leave immediately. And I totally support them, what should educated graduate do? Pay 500k to buy a house, pay 10k in taxes and work....where?

I don't want to offense anybody, there are very nice places and people in CT, don't get me wrong, but the only word which describes CT the best is: DUMP.
Where the heck are you in our state? I m guessing maybe New London or eastern Connecticut. I doubt it is anywhere near Fairfield, New Haven or Hartford counties because the vast majority of people there are well educated, well traveled and a lot more worldly than most of the rest of this country. Even Middlesex and Tolland counties are pretty well educated and worldly.

If you have that serious of medical issues that are not being properly addressed, then I suggest you go to Yale in New Haven which is a world-class medical facility. I know someone that had a medical issue that their local doctors could not figure out (very rare and unusual condition) but the doctors at Yale figured it out.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:43 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,454,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Where the heck are you in our state? I m guessing maybe New London or eastern Connecticut. I doubt it is anywhere near Fairfield, New Haven or Hartford counties because the vast majority of people there are well educated, well traveled and a lot more worldly than most of the rest of this country. Even Middlesex and Tolland counties are pretty well educated and worldly.

If you have that serious of medical issues that are not being properly addressed, then I suggest you go to Yale in New Haven which is a world-class medical facility. I know someone that had a medical issue that their local doctors could not figure out (very rare and unusual condition) but the doctors at Yale figured it out.
I'm wondering if he's in Bridgeport? Not sure where else maybe Groton/ Newlondon, but even there very little of it is a dump. Honestly my guess he hasn't traveled to much of the US if he thinks CT has a poor medical system or an uneducated public. I suppose North Eastern CT may apply but with the number of boarding schools and the presence of Uconn I can't even describe those communities that way.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:56 PM

4,449 posts, read 3,342,293 times
Default 600 Jobs coming to Trumbull & Greenwich

Good news! 600 jobs coming to Trumbull & Greenwich. I told everyone not to worry about GE leaving. Fairfield County always was and always will be "da bomb" in bringing new jobs into CT.

"We have found Fairfield County to be a desirable location to base our firm and the quality of professionals we attract is outstanding,"

Don't worry, be happy!

AQR to Expand, Add Up to 600 CT Jobs - Trumbull, CT Patch

Old 11-10-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by East of the River View Post
I'm wondering if he's in Bridgeport? Not sure where else maybe Groton/ Newlondon, but even there very little of it is a dump. Honestly my guess he hasn't traveled to much of the US if he thinks CT has a poor medical system or an uneducated public. I suppose North Eastern CT may apply but with the number of boarding schools and the presence of Uconn I can't even describe those communities that way.
IF he is in Bridgeport then he must not venture very far from where he lives and works. Even Bridgeport has more enlightened areas like Black Rock or even the North End. And all the OP has to do is travel a bit in any direction before coming to very well educated and more worldly communities like Fairfield or Trumbull. I still think he has to be in eastern Connecticut but even there it is not as bad as the OP claims. Jay

Old 11-10-2016, 06:27 AM

Greenwich based AQR Capital Management is staying and expanding here in Connecticut. They plan to add as many as 600 jobs to the 540 they currently have here. Good news. Jay

Greenwich firm to expand with $35M in state loans, grants | HartfordBusiness.com

Old 11-11-2016, 08:24 AM

Henkel has announced that it will move its headquarters to 200 Elm Street in Stamford. Good news for the city. Jay

Henkel announces downtown location for Stamford HQ - Connecticut Post

Old 11-15-2016, 04:33 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
CT's budget deficit increased by about $900 Million dollars. CT is in debt of $1.3 Billion dollars!

Old 11-15-2016, 04:40 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,016,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
CT's budget deficit increased by about $900 Million dollars. CT is in debt of $1.3 Billion dollars!
Nope our debt is more than 1.3 Billion! Try 112 Billion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going bankrupt!

https://ballotpedia.org/Connecticut_...t_and_finances

Old 11-15-2016, 06:55 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,487,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Connecticut doing just fine. Don't believe everything you read.

We have many companies coming here left and right. This year will be a big year with many jobs created. Not low paying job, high paying jobs. We'll see a big jump in home prices because there will be so many people buying them. I can't wait too see the huge jump in wold economics Connecticut holds.

I mean Pratt bringing jobs, all the hedge funds, the bio science industry.

I can't wait!!

Old 11-15-2016, 07:39 PM

14,045 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Malloy won’t rule out tax hike | WTNH Connecticut News

I am not sure if this good idea

Connecticut approves $28 million aid package for second hedge fund in 6 months

http://fox61.com/2016/11/15/connecti...d-in-6-months/

Last edited by BPt111; 11-15-2016 at 07:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut