Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 05:03 PM

62 posts, read 81,625 times

Advertisements

Sorry catching up a bit too late for my time zone.

It's prudentialCT, the agency I mean. It is an agent I engaged. She was dealing with the other side.
She is a lovely person, just hardened by her job I guess.

Yes AWT, please send me a PM. Will be out again end of Oct to do the rounds.

Stylo, my eldest school is in Darien. I have hung my heart onto this school because of the curriculum, great staff and wonderful headmaster, size of class (7 kids in her class), etc. It would very much suit her previous upbringing/education. I have no experience with the public school system in the US. My eldest has been studying Chinese and shown an aptitude for languages but I feel she needs the small class size because she is fidgety and finds it hard to concentrate, she is still quite playful.

I have been advised by a lawyer to establish a status quo of what she had in Europe and mirror it in the States so I'm keen to keep things smooth for her and not take all the power off and spare my husband the expense.

My background is in the Hedge Fund, banking industry so I'd like to be close to Greenwich, Stamford area where I am likely to find employment once I have secured childcare for the as of yet unborn baby. I'm going through a difficult patch but I can see the road ahead. It's just about getting settled.

Thank you JanND, yes my middle child's eczema is very much on my mind.

I had an email from the owners saying that the mold was discovered on a 4x4 inch piece inside the wall. The reason why it spread into the kitchen is because the contractor wasn't careful. He said that they too had small kids and tried to reassure me. Trouble is, they haven't actually lived there for a while and so weren't exposed to the kitchen mold at least. And I doubt the babies spent any time in the basement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 05:04 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,055,508 times
Will your other kids be going to public school? One nice thing about public school is it will help you meet other parents from your town.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:51 AM

62 posts, read 81,625 times
They'd be going to a private school. I've made the decision based on the curriculum of that school and the experience and kindness of the staff. The headmaster is wonderful and puts a lot of personal effort into the school. Given the price tag of $30k+ I am willing to consider other options esp. given that I will have three more children to send off to school in the next few years.

What do you have in mind, Stylo? You see I know nothing about good schools and what I need to do to get my daughter into any of them. She is an intelligent, kind child, not very dominant and I wonder how she'll fare in a big class. What schools are you thinking of that I might look at? Thanks for your input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut