Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 08:25 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,555 times

Advertisements

I think bullies are bullies at heart and they can be found ANYWHERE The more blue collar a job is, does NOT equate to the more likelihood of bully attitude Sorry. There's zero correlation. I worked for many years with a no nonsense, buttoned up Ivy league educated lawyer (also stellar prep school on his resume) Guess what? In addition to being brilliant, he is also the most aggressive, sexist bully I ever came across in my entire life and I grew up with my fair share of hard-core types in NYC. PS, this "bully" has also been a CT superior court judge for the last 5+ years. Don't let their education fool you. You'd be the fool if you did . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 01:06 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western mass and love it View Post
I hope the kids who were bullying him realize the ramifications of their actions. I hope they realize the damage they have caused and pay a price for it.

Won't happen, unfortunately. Only ~300 people(not necessarily GHS students) have signed on to the Greenwich Compliments/Connections Facebook page that was created after this suicide.

GHS has an enrollment of ~2700 students.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:32 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Won't happen, unfortunately. Only ~300 people(not necessarily GHS students) have signed on to the Greenwich Compliments/Connections Facebook page that was created after this suicide.

GHS has an enrollment of ~2700 students.
Unfortunately I think you're right. I saw an article in one of the local papers this weekend which covered the funeral service. Pictures taken outside the church were also included. Hundreds attended, including many from the GHS football team wearing their jerseys and all. I couldn't help but think how many of these kids who turned out to mourn Bart in death, also tormented and taunted him in life. Guilt is a hard emotion to overcome.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:35 PM

475 posts, read 852,916 times
Wussification of America has bred many little bastards. Kids need military school, leadership, discipline, and commitment. Public schools today have no control, say something to a student and you will have the parents and school board crashing down on you. My kid got in trouble last year cause he was being bullied so he fought back. He got in trouble with the school and they called me over and the first words out of my mouth were "I'm sorry but I don't sympathize with bullies." They didn't like that reply nor did I care. As far as the trust fund babies go I'm sure they have their good and bad as well.

I'm ex military and what I took away from that experience and taught my boys were:

1. It's ok to engage in self defense but don't ever be the one who starts it.
2. The most honorable thing you can ever do is stick up for those who can't stick up for themselves.
3. Never trust anyone.
4. Inspire to lead, not follow.

These kids have to understand too that high school for the most part is just one phase of the rest of their lives. When you become an adult nobody cares if you made captain of the cheerleading squad. What I want to know is can you go out and make a living for yourself or are you going to become a tax burden? This whole 90210 crap has to stop. 17 year olds shouldn't be driving 2012 BMW's to school cause what you are promoting is a sense of power and entitlement. Let them earn it, teach them to respect their peers, show them the importance of being a leader and standing their ground even if it means they may be a little less popular, who cares how popular you were, it's only high school, eventually you have to move on from there.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:22 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty458 View Post
Times change, and it's sad how kids treat other kids. Also, now kids can get bullied a lot easier. With facebook, email, twitter, texts, etc. Kids can't escape it when they go home anymore like it was even 20 years ago. It's getting the attention it deserves finally. A few years back in S. Hadley MA a girl killed herself because of bullying. They would tease her at school and on facebook. After she even died, the bullies kept writing mean things on her facebook page. They had no remorse.

Also, when you are bullied as a kid, it can stay with you. Myself and one of my friends was bullied when we were in middle school. She ended up marrying a man who was abusive. She divorced him, and is with a much better man now. I was teased because I wore hearing aids and I still remember it like it was yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Excellent point.
Speaking of facebook and the things that are posted sometimes: Cruel posts shut Palosz memorial page - GreenwichTime.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:38 AM

214 posts, read 290,069 times
I was raised in lower-to-middle income school systems. I never noticed any bullying. Most kids who are said to be bullied are really just self-centered and think that the world should revolve around them.

Other than that, most of the true bullying that I've seen happens almost exclusively in wealthy areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut