Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 02:23 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,870,070 times

Advertisements

I didn't realize that we didn't have a thread on this story, which broke last month.

According to data from the "cheating" website AshleyMadison, the top 10 list in CT is comprised exclusively of FFC towns/cities:

Westport, 5.9 percent
Stamford, 4.6 percent
Ridgefield, 4.2 percent
Danbury, 4 percent
Trumbull, 3.6 percent
Darien, 3.6 percent
Fairfield, 3.5 percent
New Canaan, 3.5 percent
Norwalk, 3.4 percent
Wilton, 3.3 percent

Trending: Where the Cheaters Live - NewsTimes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 02:35 PM

2,668 posts, read 4,499,597 times
Go figure. Most of the FFC people commute to NYC and well...I'll tell a story. I worked in the city for a year, was working on-site for a client. I was on the 6am train out of NH and was on a 5pm home with a bar car (I made sure I got that one). I ended up talking and BS'ing with the broker types, guys who worked literally all day from the crack of dawn till market close. They would booz it up heavily on the train, then hit a local bar off the train, then home. Meanwhile they had a family at home with a full time nanny, wife who didn't work, big house, etc. etc. They would brag about girls from "business trips" they would take or "golf outings". I kinda got an impression of these guys and just didn't like it. I loved nothing more than coming home to my then fiance (now wife) and having a nice home cooked dinner in my nice house and relaxing on the couch after such a commute and work day.

I'm not saying this is everyone but it appears those stats backup my experience. Daddy plays with the girlfriends while mommy hangs with the pool boy, money is made, expensive things are owned, and everyone is happy, smh.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:07 PM

3,351 posts, read 4,171,712 times
Stratford, I expect more from you. You silly. The list was limited to Fairfield County. Not surprising that only FFC towns/citiies made the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I didn't realize that we didn't have a thread on this story, which broke last month.

According to data from the "cheating" website AshleyMadison, the top 10 list in CT is comprised exclusively of FFC towns/cities:

Westport, 5.9 percent
Stamford, 4.6 percent
Ridgefield, 4.2 percent
Danbury, 4 percent
Trumbull, 3.6 percent
Darien, 3.6 percent
Fairfield, 3.5 percent
New Canaan, 3.5 percent
Norwalk, 3.4 percent
Wilton, 3.3 percent

Trending: Where the Cheaters Live - NewsTimes

Old 09-04-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
Stratford, I expect more from you. You silly. The list was limited to Fairfield County. Not surprising that only FFC towns/citiies made the list.

No, it wasn't limited to FFC. It's for the whole state, silly: Connecticut's Top 10 Cheating Towns | NBC Connecticut.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:32 PM

3,351 posts, read 4,171,712 times
The Newstime article references FFC only. I'm not sure I completely trust NBC Connecticut, they are on the same level for fact checking as the pathetic WTNH.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
The Newstime article references FFC only. I'm not sure I completely trust NBC Connecticut, they are on the same level for fact checking as the pathetic WTNH.
You don't trust NBC?

Old 09-05-2013, 06:29 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,980,181 times
I don't trust the original website. What is the criteria used? How is it interperted? NBC is just taking a news clip from what some may say is a questionable website and running with it. That is not good journalism, but then again, most news organizations today do not practice good journalism. Jay

Old 09-05-2013, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I don't trust the original website. What is the criteria used? How is it interperted? NBC is just taking a news clip from what some may say is a questionable website and running with it. That is not good journalism, but then again, most news organizations today do not practice good journalism. Jay
"they have studied data on its nearly 240,000 Connecticut users, who have the ability to identify as "attached", "single" or neither."

"The website also recorded data about time people use the site, profession, and relationship status.
New Cannan has the highest percentage of active members past 11 p.m. while Westport has the highest percentage of members with children. Danbury was noted to have the highest number of members who work in education and Fairfield has the most single users in the state."

Old 09-05-2013, 10:58 AM

837 posts, read 2,084,066 times
I'd be curious if AshleyMadison has its user data broken down based on Gender. There is a stereotype that men are the ones who cheat, but cheating IMO, goes both ways. You need two to tango!

Old 09-05-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp625 View Post
I'd be curious if AshleyMadison has its user data broken down based on Gender. There is a stereotype that men are the ones who cheat, but cheating IMO, goes both ways. You need two to tango!
Not sure that it would yield anything. The site caters to everyone(straight and gay).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut