Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 10:28 AM

10 posts, read 15,052 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to CT and Fairfield is the top choice at this moment. We like Darien very much but don't like the attitude of the rich!

I think I could handle it but I don't want to subject my boys (9 and 11) to the snobbiness of the privileged kids in school.

When we were there this past weekend, we couldn't find any nice/new apartment complexes. If we decided to move to Darien, we would rent at the Avalon in Darien.

Does anyone know of any nice/luxury apartments in Fairfield?

Any realtors who could help us with that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 11:20 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
As was said in your other thread, there are no newer luxury complexes in Fairfield. It's mostly older condos/townhouses and single family houses. You might want to try Wilton Avalon. There's actually a 2nd one being built now.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:02 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Sorry but Fairfield has not had any sizable new rentals built in probably 40 years. There is just not the land available to build them. The town does have some condos but even those are not that new. The newest would I believe be Stone Ridge across from Fairfield Metro Center or the couple in Southport near I-95. All of those would be pricey. There were several condo complexes buit in the 70's and 80's like Dogwood Green and Southport Woods that may be good if they have been updated inside. Not sure what those are renting for though. Good luck, Jay

Old 09-04-2013, 12:13 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,852,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
You might want to try Wilton Avalon. There's actually a 2nd one being built now.
New Canaan also has a modern complex owned by that company.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Sorry but Fairfield has not had any sizable new rentals built in probably 40 years. There is just not the land available to build them. The town does have some condos but even those are not that new. The newest would I believe be Stone Ridge across from Fairfield Metro Center or the couple in Southport near I-95. All of those would be pricey. There were several condo complexes buit in the 70's and 80's like Dogwood Green and Southport Woods that may be good if they have been updated inside. Not sure what those are renting for though. Good luck, Jay
They actually resorted to auctioning those townhouses. They appeared to be nice enough, but the location just sucks for family living, IMHO. That multi-story building at 75 KHC looms over the complex.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I seem to remember some new condos off Route 1 in Southport that were "starting at $600k". They were in a really bad location right on top of 1 too.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I seem to remember some new condos off Route 1 in Southport that were "starting at $600k". They were in a really bad location right on top of 1 too.
That was probably Pequot Landing. Pequot Green is another one built in Southport during the "boom".

Old 09-05-2013, 07:27 AM

123 posts, read 166,440 times
Check out the Stone Ridge complex (gated) by the new metro train station. These rent in the mid to high $3,000's. They are less than 10 years old and considered more on the high end side. The location is much better now that the new train station opened and Whole Foods is around the corner. Not walkable to downtown but still very convenient.

Here is a link to a unit was for sale at one point:

75 Stone Ridge Way APT 3D, Fairfield, CT 06824 - Zillow

I can't get into their website for some reason.

Good luck!

Old 09-05-2013, 10:09 AM

10 posts, read 15,052 times
Thank you. I also tried to go on their website but couldn't access it. I wish I had known about them before my trip It also seems that most of them are for sale and not that many are for rent.

I guess I'll have my husband check it out once he starts work. The kids and I plan on moving a few months after he has been there.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:12 AM

Why not rent a house? Especially with a family?

Or even just a condo/townhouse?

CT is not big on apartment complexes, except in cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut