Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2013, 05:45 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I refuse to use Starbucks sizing vernacular. I still say small/medium/large, and the baristas always repeat it back to me. Must be policy not to force it on non-believers.
LOL!! Give it a try...it's fun once you start! I still remember my first time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 07:20 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I refuse to use Starbucks sizing vernacular. I still say small/medium/large, and the baristas always repeat it back to me. Must be policy not to force it on non-believers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
LOL!! Give it a try...it's fun once you start! I still remember my first time

I've always asked for a Venti at Starbucks. I just figure why bust some ~minimum wage cashier's chops? I'm sure plenty of people do. The funniest one that i encountered was an elderly man that (seriously)asked the cashier for a large Sinatra. He meant Venti Sumatra.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csiko View Post
The Food Bag near me in Wally World does Green Mountain. And yeah, the $0.99 coffee for any size is awesome.
Hmmm. Guess i'll have to ask them in Stamford what's up with that? Nah, Green Mountain is better, but New England is definitely drinkable.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I get it from Stop & Shop for $6 a bag. I got tired of Maxwell House. New England coffee is good. Hazelnut over any other is my preference with any coffee. Still trying others out to find my new home goto bag.
It was $7.49 at S&S tonight when i looked. And it was $7.49 at Grade A in Stamford a few weeks ago when i looked there. Too high for their coffee. IMHO.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:02 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I've always asked for a Venti at Starbucks. I just figure why bust some ~minimum wage cashier's chops? I'm sure plenty of people do. The funniest one that i encountered was an elderly man that (seriously)asked the cashier for a large Sinatra. He meant Venti Sumatra.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:52 AM

168 posts, read 275,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfiction View Post
I don't get why this watered-down crap is so popular here.

Anyone know of a good place (preferably drive-thru) within the Hartford metro for a STRONG cup of coffee that actually has some taste to it? No, Starbucks isn't what I'm looking for.

Bring back Tim Horton's!

I agree. My good friend owns 14 D&D & I make fun of it all the time. Give me Willoughby's.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:56 AM

168 posts, read 275,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Me either.

Now you're losing me. I actually find Starbucks to be too strong. I have to get it diluted with a couple shots of hot water when i do get it there.
Somewhat agree. I drink black coffee, nothing added. I find the roast burnt & beans acidic.

This is sad. Besides Willoughby's ( small chain from New Haven to Madison ) McDonalds makes better coffee than Starbucks or D&D. I refuse to eat McDonalds, well except for fries being a vegetarian what really could I if I wanted too?

Old 10-18-2013, 11:53 PM

214 posts, read 290,044 times
Dunkin' Donuts coffee is amazing and possibly the best coffee available on the market today. Just wow. Their pumpkin coffee is impossible to beat, as is their coffee in general.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:50 AM

21,618 posts, read 31,197,189 times
Starbucks > Dunkin. /thread.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:00 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,659,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfiction View Post
I don't get why this watered-down crap is so popular here.

Anyone know of a good place (preferably drive-thru) within the Hartford metro for a STRONG cup of coffee that actually has some taste to it? No, Starbucks isn't what I'm looking for.

Bring back Tim Horton's!
Its nice to know Im not the only one!
But, Im going to go all conspiracy theory here Turn back now !!
I wont stop for it now, but in all of my road trips in major corridors and right off of interstate's, it is always watery. The stuff I swilled on the way to Vermont from PA was straight-up, nasty brown water!!
But, in previous motorcycling activites, we always met at a DD where the guy behind the counter got to be friendly with us, and when he brewed up a pot for us, it was some semblance of coffee . . . The same with the one across the street from us in Florida
So, I wonder(Im convinced) if it isnt some secret company policy to reuse grinds at certain times if the day?
Thousands of DD's, thousands of lb's off coffee being saved? Could add up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut