Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 10:22 AM

4 posts, read 5,945 times

Advertisements

Should we contractors in Connecticut get together and start one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 03:41 PM

363 posts, read 635,118 times
Would be a bit redundant since there is this thing called the better business bureau wouldn't it?

Old 11-08-2013, 05:01 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,856,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeImprovement38 View Post
Should we contractors in Connecticut get together and start one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FILF View Post
Would be a bit redundant since there is this thing called the better business bureau wouldn't it?
First off, BBB is nothing but a scam. Secondly, the OP's use of the word "deadbeat" is leading me to believe that he's actually referring to contractors that don't pay their subcontractors, not contractors that do shoddy work.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:45 PM

We don't have to call it "deadbeat" this is just an expression, I am talking about homeowners that hire contractors and after the work is complete and will do anything it takes to evade final payment or try to negotiate down the amount owed. I know there is a BBB and for more that I also believe is just another form of paid marketing I am part of it with an A+, I am licensed and insured and never ever had a claim on it in the past 15 year I have been in business. The percentage rate of "deadbeats" that appear in my life is 1-2 a year and we attend at least 300 different accounts every year, it is a small amount and usually I do manage to collect payment. Just makes me mad to see some people thinking that they can take advantage on contractors to improve their homes. I am a woman and my husband does perform the work. I organize it all for him, so I am very detailed and I do take all kinds of precautions to make sure we protect ourselves. What got me mad recently was one customer that try to blame us for scratches on her wood floors, although I pointed to her and showed her the right after the first complain pictures I've took of these scratches prior starting the work ( pictures are still saved on my ipad with date time and gps location) she still placed a claim on my insurance company and is making my life a living hell with certified letters threatening our business, I had to prove the insurance the scratches were already and now I am hiring an attorney to collect payment and If possible I will bring to court her attempt to insurance fraud for all the stress she has caused me. It's not even for the money anymore is the point. As contractors we are reviewed at BBB, Angels list, this and that... Anyway I am being extra cautious from now on but I would still consider starting a blacklist with other contractors that would like to privately share names and address, or even just address and dates of services of homeowners they had hard time to collect from or suffer any false accusations of any kind, and it can be all anonymous we are not slandering anybody is just an extra precaution.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:29 PM

30 posts, read 51,222 times
I think it's a good idea

Old 11-22-2013, 02:09 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,133,250 times
How about small claims court?

Old 11-22-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy0220 View Post
I think it's a good idea

Let's connect!
homeimprovement38@outlook.com

Old 11-22-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
How about small claims court?
Yes I am taking that B%$^%$& to court, but if I share with you and other contractors her address, you might choose not to work for her and avoid yourself a headache, or if you do work for her you might decide to be extra cautious.
I would be happy to hear from some of you " contractors" addresses and bad experience you had with a particular homeowner, it would be a great asset for my business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut