Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2015, 11:00 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,555 times

Advertisements

It's been snowing in New Fairfield for about 45 minutes. Really light/fine flakes though. Walkway has just a slight coating

Old 02-14-2015, 11:08 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,206,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Anybody seeing any flakes yet? The air is so dry its going to take awhile for it to saturate and start snowing. Radar is showing it expanding rapidly to the west.
I am. Light stuff though. Be great if it stayed light.....

Old 02-14-2015, 11:09 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,784,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
I am. Light stuff though. Be great if it stayed light.....
nah, we want more snow!

Old 02-14-2015, 11:11 AM

83,514 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
If the Euro goes south of NYC too, heads up. I always knew this weekend storm was the one to watch!
This... Remember all that talk about how far south the storm rounds the base????? Well....

WPC has placed the Low tonight much south more from previous forecast.

Now near Philly, not NYC! That's why NYC is in the game and all of CT now. Had it been over NYC or north, CT wouldn't of had a worth noted storm.

It's digging and developing more south but still a bigger storm for NYC north but that's why central and northern NJ are in now with 3-6"

WPC Winter Weather Forecasts

Old 02-14-2015, 11:32 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,510,707 times
You don't see this very often. Just about every winter warning for a good portion of CT.

Still uncertain where the heavier bands could setup.

FORECAST UNCERTAINTY ON WHERE THE HEAVIER BANDS OF SNOW DEVELOP AS THE UPPER LOW TRACKS SOUTH OF LONG ISLAND. STAY TUNED.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:36 AM

Every single run of the GFS and Euro I look at is saying the cold stays for next 1-2 weeks.

RELENTLESS.

colder then now coming up this week.

You know,

I know i read studys showing ice ages have happened within a decade but didn't think it would happen in a couple months. Lol

Old 02-14-2015, 11:38 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,206,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMagliola View Post
nah, we want more snow!

Lol. I dont know......from what I see from my friends posts on Facebook, most of those people are disgusted and over it by now. My sister lives in Providence,RI and they are expecting a foot on top of the 30+ inches they have had. Her and her husband are sick of it by now. You know me, I am looking towards spring as soon as Dec 21st hits. To each his own. I hate it, others love it. It's all good.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:46 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,160,026 times
Quote:
You stuck to your guns saying its gonna flip. Or then again.... Maybe it never did flip and December was just a blip. This whole overall pattern we have now has been the same for about 18 months now with the trough in the East. So maybe December was just a fluke in the entire thing.

I mean think about it... even November was 16th coldest November on Record for BDR. So December was just odd and didn't fit into the whole game.
Yea December was just a plain odd month. Didn't fit.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:40 PM

11,296 posts, read 18,885,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Slightly off topic but New England is really the only area of the continental US that is getting a solid winter with snow and cold temps. I ski and apparently everyone out west is heading to New England for the great conditions. Especially up north in VT and Maine.

Denver is discussing record high temps. Lol

Except for Valentine's Day and maybe Wednesday, that seems at or below normal in their 5 day (contrary to popular belief, Denver is actually WARMER than here in the winter in the daytime by a few degrees (avg high 44 in Jan, and 47 in Feb.....that is the normal highs between DC and Richmond, VA.......the difference is their mountain location means a high diurnal range and their lows are COLDER than us (average for Jan. and Feb. is in the mid-high teens)......this is also why they on occasion get snow in September and May and we don't).

Quote:
Every single run of the GFS and Euro I look at is saying the cold stays for next 1-2 weeks.

RELENTLESS.

colder then now coming up this week.

You know,

I know i read studys showing ice ages have happened within a decade but didn't think it would happen in a couple months. Lol
I realize you're being a bit tongue-in-cheek with that one, but I'm not buying that yet anymore than those saying it back in the 70s (in 4th grade I had a hyper-environmentalist teacher who knowing I was a weather nut even then tried to convince me about the ice age stuff). As Brian26 noted, often when it's very cold here, it's very warm out west and vice versa and I think it's all just averaging out globally. I think the site I linked here for you recently is interesting in that it points out all the cold records going on that often seem to be ignored, but I think (see below) he exaggerates what's going on as much as the global warming crowd does.

Speaking of which, here's an article that turned up in my FB feed today (ironically on a site that tries to evaluate whether a "political" story is true or false or to what degree) on the "data altering" in regards to global warming. The article starts out by trying to convince you that all the "altering" is false, but reading the rest of it, it comes across like there's some, but with an "explanation", and I think the net net goes to how I see the global warming issue, that of the science being real but the reality of it being exaggerated and a bit more complex than its made out:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...icated-temper/

Old 02-14-2015, 01:36 PM

Took some time for air to prime up. (was so dry!) Then started snowing and sticking right away as I suspected

Current map.

Most interesting part of this actual observation is the little bulge over NE West Virginia and Northern Virginia. Basically the storm was over Lake Ontario and has been stretched over PA and now gathering itself in southern PA.

This is actual observations, not models or forecasts. This is our storm reforming and ready to make the turn. Looks like over Philly. We'll see.

Also note... Tightly packed Isobars! Strong Winds coming as the storm blows up off shore.

Also... see that bulge outwards over the Atlantic... the storm wants to start moving East now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut