Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2015, 09:42 AM

302 posts, read 295,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
High 40s? Wow! Nobody north of Maryland hit upper 40s. My max was 39°F. Either way, yeah, it felt weird but everyone felt great. Like a weight was lifted. lol. And now there's ice everywhere. Wish it would stay under 20 all year. LOL
I looked at my WeatherUnderground app (yeah, not the best source) and it said it was 47 at one point in the afternoon. It must not have been extremely accurate.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:38 AM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecostimpy View Post
I looked at my WeatherUnderground app (yeah, not the best source) and it said it was 47 at one point in the afternoon. It must not have been extremely accurate.
Yeah, I been telling the folks in the weather forum that W.U is the worst place to get Observations UNLESS it's from the official site or a certified Spotter. Otherwise they are mostly backyard weather stations that don't get calibrated, checked, maintained or just in a bad spot.

Put it this way, a 10 year old can get a weather station and put it on Weather Underground and that station will be available to see to anyone. I can't stand W.U.

If you have to use this site and zoom in to see a station near you and what its showing. OR Just buy an inexpensive station of your own ($100+/-) and put it online so you can view it when your not home.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:03 AM

GFS12z says Windsor Locks only goes above freezing 2-3 times next 16 days.

Looks like 3 shots of Cold. but it's looking more and more like a Moderation coming soon I think.

Dry for a week! Then maybe Snow & Rain next Monday/Tuesday.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:39 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times
Quote:

Looks like 3 shots of Cold. but it's looking more and more like a Moderation coming soon I think.

I don't see any moderation in that entire graph. Remember, the end is march 11 and it's struggling to get to freezing. What's the average high in the middle of march? Around 46 degrees.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
OR Just buy an inexpensive station of your own ($100+/-) and put it online so you can view it when your not home.
Any recommendations? I'd like to get more into this.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:00 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Yeah, I been telling the folks in the weather forum that W.U is the worst place to get Observations UNLESS it's from the official site or a certified Spotter. Otherwise they are mostly backyard weather stations that don't get calibrated, checked, maintained or just in a bad spot.

Put it this way, a 10 year old can get a weather station and put it on Weather Underground and that station will be available to see to anyone. I can't stand W.U.

If you have to use this site and zoom in to see a station near you and what its showing. OR Just buy an inexpensive station of your own ($100+/-) and put it online so you can view it when your not home.
W.U. cracks me up..take a look at the average temps day to day..

Old 02-23-2015, 01:09 PM

830 posts, read 684,727 times
Quote:
I know you get you're records from official sources, but beware W.U. also has some false historical data/records, even for climo sites maintained by NWS. They've been bad lately.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
I don't see any moderation in that entire graph. Remember, the end is march 11 and it's struggling to get to freezing. What's the average high in the middle of march? Around 46 degrees.
You're right. Upper 40s and above will be considered warm in March, not 30s. So while the data I'm showing might moderate from where we've been, it's still not getting "normal" or warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecostimpy View Post
Any recommendations? I'd like to get more into this.
There's a lot of good ones now a days. Davis brand usual the best.. I like this one. Easy, inexpensive, and has everything. They have a solar powered version of it so you don't have to worry about batteries every year. It sends a wireless signal to a console inside your home. The console plugs into your computer and reads the data right on the screen.

The only thing I don't like about this (not sure if they changed it) is the wind reads every 5 minutes. So you miss some gusts in between. Easy fix. Download the free Cumulus software and Cumulus will read it every minute and log it. Also logs your data in NOAA format so you can go back into the past and see your data easily. Also keeps track of your records.

Check amazon if they are out of stock here. http://www.proweatherstation.com/

Old 02-23-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
There's a lot of good ones now a days. Davis brand usual the best.. I like this one. Easy, inexpensive, and has everything. They have a solar powered version of it so you don't have to worry about batteries every year. It sends a wireless signal to a console inside your home. The console plugs into your computer and reads the data right on the screen.

The only thing I don't like about this (not sure if they changed it) is the wind reads every 5 minutes. So you miss some gusts in between. Easy fix. Download the free Cumulus software and Cumulus will read it every minute and log it. Also logs your data in NOAA format so you can go back into the past and see your data easily. Also keeps track of your records.

Check amazon if they are out of stock here. http://www.proweatherstation.com/
Thanks for the info. They are out both on their website (not available until April) and on Amazon.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:03 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
Quote:

Looks like that chart shows something for Thursday of next week too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut