Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 01:16 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
Oh god no. North Carolina summers are awful (IMO)- prolonged heat and humidity. No thanks. Been there, done that, don't plan on ever going back.
Hot as hell in summer from the plateau to the coast ..Now the Carolina mountain area Asheville to Boone? That is perfect.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
December was in the Top 10 warmest. Always getting into the 40s and 50s. If you call that winter than I understand.
1st half of January getting into the 30s, 40s & 50s and less than 3 inches of snow.. If you call that mid winter, I understand.

Otherwise we didn't have a long winter. Not sure what the heck people are talking about.

Is he a Hypocrite, Liar, old or just tired? He doesn't like it more than anyone else if he's complaining. And you can still complain but still LOVE it. Remember that.

109 inches of snow at BUF is not even in the Top 20 snowiest years. unless he was in that crazy lake effect snow (which all melted 2 weeks later!!) then he's not a true snow and cold lover.

60 inches of snow here was nothing but the fact that it only happened in 7 weeks time made it interesting and tiresome at times but I'll take this every year and double it if its spread out. The cold? What cold?! It was fine.. but I'm used to this torching area. If I'm living in Maine, I'd want more sub zero days since I'd be used to what they get as is.
He got 230 inches of snow this year......TWO HUNDRED THIRTY...think about that.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:24 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,900,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
While Florida is probably too hot for most peoples tastes, I'll bet anyone a nice dinner that at least 75% of Connecticut residents would agree that North Carolina has a much more pleasant climate than we do. Still 4 seasons, but without the bitter cold, and just a few inches of snow per year.
We have a lot of friends that have moved down there, and just love it. Well, the weather that is, there are some issues in North Carolina they aren't so fond of, but the weather is just about perfect.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:33 PM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
He got 230 inches of snow this year......TWO HUNDRED THIRTY...think about that.
Stretch much? He's yanking ur chain. We mentioned that area a few times and I don't remember u mention it. The summits didn't even get that much at 4000 feet.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Stretch much? He's yanking ur chain. We mentioned that area a few times and I don't remember u mention it. The summits didn't even get that much at 4000 feet.
The cities south of Buffalo got PUMMELED this year...record snows. He had a two car driveway that became a one car for all of February..he had no place left to pile it.

Edit: Think about this ..Buffalo got barely a foot in the big storms early in the year. Hamburg got SEVEN. there IS 60 INCHES MORE RIGHT THERE.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
The cities south of Buffalo got PUMMELED this year...record snows. He had a two car driveway that became a one car for all of February..he had no place left to pile it.
Cool. Sounds like a place I would love and he apparently hates.. Wonder what the normal is for there... And.... I stand corrected...

Top Snowfall amounts in NY including Co-op and CoCoRaHS observers.

And here's CT... I don't think we should complain. LOL. All relative, I know.

And MA

Maine

Old 03-25-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Cool. Sounds like a place I would love and he apparently hates.. Wonder what the normal is for there... And.... I stand corrected...

Top Snowfall amounts in NY including Co-op and CoCoRaHS observers.

And here's CT... I don't think we should complain. LOL. All relative, I know.

And MA

Maine
Why are you saying he hates it? I said he loves it... He just said it was over the top this year ..I didn't say he hated it I just said it became a bit much.

He averages 120 a year where he is

Old 03-25-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
Oh god no. North Carolina summers are awful (IMO)- prolonged heat and humidity. No thanks. Been there, done that, don't plan on ever going back.
You're not the only one to say that south of D.C. Nasty weather and just gets worse the further south you go. IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
There are plenty of them, but 99% of them live at least 500 miles north of here!!

I really think that there should be a mass exedous to the south if we continue to have winters like this year and last in the coming years. Not necessarily down as far as Florida, but certainly at least to Deleware/Maryland to North and South Carolina.
Agree! That's where I belong. but I do appreciate the season changes here every couple months. Wish there was 3 seasons only but for now I have to accept what I get. Will never understand complaints for 2 months of cold and snow a year. 2 of 12 months.

Agree more winters like we been having and more will consider moving south especially old lazy people. lol

Quote:
Why are you saying he hates it? I said he loves it... He just said it was over the top this year ..I didn't say he hated it I just said it became a bit much.

He averages 120 a year where he is
Yes, complaining is natural and temporary but the love for it is beauty and forever.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:

Yes, complaining is natural and temporary but the love for it is beauty and forever.
Right...he would not live anywhere else. And the summers are great.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:47 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times
Average snowfall from buffalo nws

Average snowfall from upton nws

And of course that's just an average. Some years, much more. You sound a little jealous cambium
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut