Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 05:08 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,362,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Down here in Wavehunter's " banana belt" it all turned to monsoon rain last night. Washed most of the snow away. Couple inches of slushy snow left. Our plower came to clear the driveway in the wee hours. Warmed up enough that we didn't even need to salt the driveway this AM to remove any left over snow/slush. It's bone dry on its own.

Well above freezing, sun was out until a half hour ago. Had maybe 4-5" or so before the rains began last night.

I thought you lived up north/inland? Your down on the Connecticut coast, have you moved?

If you have welcome to the "banana belt" (lol). It is nice, the warmer temps, the rainfall, it really takes the edge off winter snows most of the time. I was out and about today from Madison to New London, to Saybrook. The storm really had little impact on the region. As you said, the rain early this morning (the monsoon) washed most of it away

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
6 " seems like the number around my house. Got up,shoveled my space real quick and all is well. Very manageable storm to me. Like I have said in previous posts, I dislike snowstorms especially when they are during the workweek......but weekend storms are fine with me. I dont have to work and travel in it and dont mind being snowed in.

Agree....can't speak for folks in the far north or northwestern sections of Connecticut....but for most of southern Connecticut this was quite manageable - 2 to 6 inches of snow. For us along the southeast Ct coast - it was what we call a "push broom storm". I never even had to touch a snow shovel.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:13 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,160,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
I thought you lived up north/inland? Your down on the Connecticut coast, have you moved?

If you have welcome to the "banana belt" (lol). It is nice, the warmer temps, the rainfall, it really takes the edge off winter snows most of the time. I was out and about today from Madison to New London, to Saybrook. The storm really had little impact on the region. As you said, the rain early this morning (the monsoon) washed most of it away

Agree....can't speak for folks in the far north or northwestern sections of Connecticut....but for most of southern Connecticut this was quite manageable - 2 to 6 inches of snow. For us along the southeast Ct coast - it was what we call a "push broom storm". I never even had to touch a snow shovel.
You guys are in the sweet spot for the next one. NWS saying most snow SE corner...4 inches...enjoy!!!!

Old 12-15-2013, 06:22 PM

457 posts, read 905,016 times
39 degrees in Milford today, it even felt kind of nice. I can deal with this type of storm - just leave the blizzards to VT.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:50 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,759,960 times
Wavehunter- I don't live inland. I've been down in the general shore area for the past 37 years. Not in the same house, or the same town, but in the land of balmy winters as compared to inland for a long time.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:10 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
It is time to close this one. Please post your comments on weather on the weather thread. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut