Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 01:05 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgmrg View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree about Bridgeport being a bigger cesspool than Waterbury. Bridgeport still has plenty of bleed-over from Fairfield and New York and a fair number of major corporations/law firms/etc downtown. Waterbury has nothing. My friend worked at a law firm in Waterbury for a summer and complained that there was literally nowhere decent for them to get lunch during the day. You wouldn't have that issue in Bridgeport.
The only "bleed-over" Bridgeport has is attracting people from the Bronx because of cheaper rent. People from Fairfield are not "bleeding over" into Bridgeport...it's the other way around and is a disservice to towns like Fairfield, Trumbull and Stratford.

And "literally nowhere decent" to grab lunch in Waterbury? I have been to a few fantastic restaurants and delis in the city. Your friend is clueless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 01:15 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,494,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
New Haven still has problem areas, but you can't deny it's been getting better every year for the past decade and is on the trajectory for improving, not declining.

Even Bridgeport and Hartford's crime has been declining.

Why so negative?
apparently thats his mission. Brand new memeber, 10 posts and at least 60% of them short, elementary, negative posts about his presumably home state. classy.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:38 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
The only "bleed-over" Bridgeport has is attracting people from the Bronx because of cheaper rent. People from Fairfield are not "bleeding over" into Bridgeport...it's the other way around and is a disservice to towns like Fairfield, Trumbull and Stratford.

And "literally nowhere decent" to grab lunch in Waterbury? I have been to a few fantastic restaurants and delis in the city. Your friend is clueless.
Sorry kidyankee but that is true. First remember that Fairfield was a suburb of Bridgeport long before people began commuting to New York and Stamford. There are still a sizable number of town residents that work in Bridgeport and a lot of residents who go to Bridgeport for shopping, eating and entertainment. In addition, more and more Fairfielders are discovering Bridgeport. Whether it is the many diverse restaurants and food choices, the entertainment options or medical and legal services, you do see a lot of people from town going to Bridgeport for different things. Even Trumbull and Stratford still rely on Bridgeport for a lot. Jay

Old 01-26-2014, 01:09 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Alot homless people I notice in downtown bridgeport, Is the 14th Story lego looking building with Bank of America sign with below it show you tempature and time vacant ?

Old 01-26-2014, 01:17 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Alot homless people I notice in downtown bridgeport, Is the 14th Story lego looking building with Bank of America sign with below it show you tempature and time vacant ?
What?

Old 01-26-2014, 02:20 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
What?
IPhone promblems...

I notice alot of homeless people in Downtown Bridgeport when i was down there last week by Dunkin Dounuts not too far from the train station. The 14th stories lego looking building by Hoilday Inn Hotel beside bank of america on the bottom level is that building vacant, I rarley saw foot traffic it seem empty throughout downtown. The street that Two Boots is on with new restaurants/new apartments above that was built is decent from housatonic college area to Two boots area 3 block radius area is fine but rest of downtown is rundown

Old 01-27-2014, 11:56 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
IPhone promblems...

I notice alot of homeless people in Downtown Bridgeport when i was down there last week by Dunkin Dounuts not too far from the train station. The 14th stories lego looking building by Hoilday Inn Hotel beside bank of america on the bottom level is that building vacant, I rarley saw foot traffic it seem empty throughout downtown. The street that Two Boots is on with new restaurants/new apartments above that was built is decent from housatonic college area to Two boots area 3 block radius area is fine but rest of downtown is rundown
That building is called Park City Plaza. It is owned by Trefz Properties. It was built back in the 70's and was suppose to have two additional towers just like it. There are a number of tenants in the building but not sure exactly how many. Jay

Old 02-05-2020, 01:01 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,520,512 times
I wonder what peoples opinions are like 6 years later and if the Outlook has changed at all. I've read all 12 pages, and it seems like this one really went off topic not 3 pages in. Sure, other cities problems have at least some relation to the problems in Waterbury, and comparisons can be drawn, and so, what do you think, does the outlook for Waterbury in the 2020s look any better?

Old 02-05-2020, 02:41 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNgFooCj View Post
I wonder what peoples opinions are like 6 years later and if the Outlook has changed at all. I've read all 12 pages, and it seems like this one really went off topic not 3 pages in. Sure, other cities problems have at least some relation to the problems in Waterbury, and comparisons can be drawn, and so, what do you think, does the outlook for Waterbury in the 2020s look any better?
15.8% college graduates. 23% poverty rate. The penalty now almost 10 years later for not having 21st century job skills has increased. I don’t see how Waterbury breaks the generational poverty cycle.

Old 02-05-2020, 03:15 AM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyfrompluto View Post
Will Waterbury ever revive? .
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut