Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 08:54 PM

186 posts, read 312,123 times

Advertisements

Isnt Malloy an excellent governor? Hartford had a CHANCE to revive, but Malloy ruined it.

Governor changes tune on Hartford's interest in the NHL - Hartford Connecticut Whale | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 08:58 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,395,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyfrompluto View Post
Isnt Malloy an excellent governor? Hartford had a CHANCE to revive, but Malloy ruined it.

Governor changes tune on Hartford's interest in the NHL - Hartford Connecticut Whale | Examiner.com
Hockey somehow manages to be both disgustingly violent and BORING at the same. Nothing lost. Watch the wolf pack. Can barely tell the difference anyway between ahl and nhl. Same boring low scoring crap. The only entertaining thing in hockey is the all star game.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:46 PM

720 posts, read 919,214 times
No professional teams oh wait wolfpack? Who are they?? Thanks CT

Old 01-13-2014, 10:27 PM

21,721 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Hockey somehow manages to be both disgustingly violent and BORING at the same. Nothing lost. Watch the wolf pack. Can barely tell the difference anyway between ahl and nhl. Same boring low scoring crap. The only entertaining thing in hockey is the all star game.
I'm no hockey fan either, but what do our personal preferences have to do with the validity of having an NHL team in CT?

I was thinking that New Haven could be a good spot to house a pro team if Hartford doesn't want them. Superior train access, and lots of underutilized industrial land in the Fair Haven/Mill River area to build a stadium/arena/sports complex. Do it right this time instead of another Coliseum. Webster Bank Arena seems to be doing decently too, could that house an NHL team or too small?

Old 01-13-2014, 11:23 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I'm no hockey fan either, but what do our personal preferences have to do with the validity of having an NHL team in CT?

I was thinking that New Haven could be a good spot to house a pro team if Hartford doesn't want them. Superior train access, and lots of underutilized industrial land in the Fair Haven/Mill River area to build a stadium/arena/sports complex. Do it right this time instead of another Coliseum. Webster Bank Arena seems to be doing decently too, could that house an NHL team or too small?
Webster is far too small. Cute, minor league arena..nothing more than that.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:28 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Gee...thanks for your opinion. We can all sleep easier now that you have decided hockey is not for Connecticut. I am willing to bet you haven't watched a hockey game in 10 years as its always the same guys who complain about hockeys "violence"... the ones who never watch the game.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:04 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,973,706 times
If you read that article its about how he has changed his tune from saying the NHL won't happen in Connecticut to actively talking with people interested in bringing teams to the state. That is the exact opposite of what implied the article was about.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:26 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,395,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Gee...thanks for your opinion. We can all sleep easier now that you have decided hockey is not for Connecticut. I am willing to bet you haven't watched a hockey game in 10 years as its always the same guys who complain about hockeys "violence"... the ones who never watch the game.
Yeah...you know like Mike Bossy ect. He never played or anything. The game is very violent. It markets that. Don Cherry said it best, when there's a fight, everyone is standing. And the fights aren't even the worse. Every single year there are multiple cheap shots and suspensions. The only sport I know of where they swing hockey sticks like a baseball bat at another player's head.(Yes I know suspensions are handed out, but it's happened repeatedly. Not just the Mcsorely incident). There's a culture of violence for entertainment purposes that is part of the culture of the game. It's an "emotional" game. That's how they excuse it. Please. It's for selling the game. Oh and THN editor's/writers who complain about the violence, do they never watch a game?

It's not that hard to up the offense. Just make the nets bigger. Goalies have become way too good thanks to roy and the butterfly. Don't assume just because someone gives a negative opinion about something that they know nothing about the game.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:37 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,493,841 times
I forgot Football is so much less violent when the nature of the game is to slam yourself into people and tackle them...right hockey is the violent sport.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:24 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,956,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
If you read that article its about how he has changed his tune from saying the NHL won't happen in Connecticut to actively talking with people interested in bringing teams to the state. That is the exact opposite of what implied the article was about.
I gave you a reputation award for actually reading the article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut