Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 11:20 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Trumbull does have 2 restaurants that are supposed to be good, Tula and Parallel Post. Haven't been to either, but friends seem to like them.

There are a couple good places in Monroe/Newtown. Namely El Coyote, great Mexican restaurant - not super authentic, but quite good, and Kolam, amazing Indian food. I hear Sal Y Pepe in Newtown is great Italian, have been meaning to go for a long time.

Beyond the immediate 25 corridor, here are some suggestions given your affinity for Italian and Chinese:

Stratford: Biagio's Osteria, one of my favorite Italian restaurants in the state.
Shelton: Il Palio
Milford: Nello's, River Street Restaurant, Lao Sze Chuan (my favorite Chinese in CT - super authentic), Bin 100
Fairfield: Liana's, Quattro Pazzi, Centro
Orange: Iron Chef
Westport: Tuttis

Some other standouts in the area include Parker in Stratford, Bistro Basque and Bridge House in Milford. Really depends on what you like.

I recommend searching for the best reviewed restaurants by town on Yelp.

If you really get bored, there is a wealth of amazing food in New Haven.

There's a lot of info in this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/conne...on-thread.html

Please contribute to it when you find good food.

I live here and I've never heard of them. Where are they?? Is one of them by Chips on 111?? I know my parents went out to a new restaurant that was by there a couple weeks ago, but I forgot the name of the place they went too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 05:59 AM

11 posts, read 13,196 times
Looks like I have a few places to check out...

How about a good Ale House? I got spoiled by Miller's Ale House on LI

Old 02-04-2014, 07:41 AM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I live here and I've never heard of them. Where are they?? Is one of them by Chips on 111?? I know my parents went out to a new restaurant that was by there a couple weeks ago, but I forgot the name of the place they went too.
Google?

Old 02-04-2014, 09:11 AM

302 posts, read 295,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I've never heard of them either.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 7,893 times
Parallel Post is in the Marriott. It's the old J. Porters. It's been completely remodeled and given a new menu. It's farm to table so everything is fresh. I've been many times and it's delicious. Most people don't know it's there because it's in a hotel.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:16 PM

642 posts, read 859,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYStateofMind31 View Post

I like the Southport Brewery in Southport/Fairfield. I love to have the pizza (thin crust) and beer.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYStateofMind31 View Post

If you want good beer, nothing much beats going to Two Roads in Stratford. Awesome huge brewery. They have food trucks in the summer, or you can get delivery or bring your own food.

I'm not a fan of SBC in Southport and Milford, but a lot of people like it.

Prime 16 in Orange has an expansive beer list. 30 on top. Plan B has about a dozen good craft beers in Milford. Dive Bar in West Haven has a small, but admirable tap list - and fantastic food/burgers along with a view of the LI Sound.

You could also go to Ginger Man in Norwalk or Cask Republic in New Haven. Both have a ridiculous beer selection and are the same owner. Cask always seemed a little better on the food front though.

Elsewhere in New Haven, there are a lot of good beer bars with food: Prime 16, Rudy's, BAR (brews their own + amazing pizza), Ordinary, Delaney's.

You could also go to Anna Liffey's if you want a UK experience, they are in both New Haven and Fairfield.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:33 PM

316 posts, read 724,124 times
I second Stylo's New Haven suggestions, although I don't know Delaney's. BAR does have great pizza and beer. One small correction on Anna Liffey's: it is decidedly Irish and not British. That's nothing against the British; rather, it's worth noting that there is a certain authenticity to the Irishness of the decor at Anna Liffey's, at least in the New Haven location - I haven't been to the one in Fairfield. That feel is something you don't always find in pubs that claim to be Irish.

Last edited by professeurpablo; 02-04-2014 at 08:26 PM..

Old 02-04-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professeurpablo View Post
I'd second Stylo's New Haven suggestions, although I don't know Delaney's. BAR does have great pizza and beer. One small correction on Anna Liffey's: it is decidedly Irish and not British. That's nothing against the British; rather, it's worth noting that there is a certain authenticity to the Irishness of the decor at Anna Liffey's, at least in the New Haven location - I haven't been to the one in Fairfield. That feel is something you don't always find in pubs that claim to be Irish.
Well, my friend from England feels at home there.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:28 PM

316 posts, read 724,124 times
It is a cozy place! The food is pretty good too.

More generally, I think New Haven is a great food city, especially for its size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut