Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 02:20 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,955,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Hamden isn't any less safe than Middletown. I'm not sure why you would be told to avoid it.
The OP herself did not feel safe in Middletown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3onexolove View Post
Thanks on all the feedback. Still have trouble trying to find an area we would like to live in. I really like Wallingford, esperically the cute downtown area but havn't found any rentals that suites our needs. We want a house or townhouse under 2000. A lot of places say no pets, which is a deal breaker for us. It seems a lot of people recommend Middletown itself. It just doesn't seem as nice as some other towns close by. I want a safe area, a lot of shopping, restaurants, grocery stores, cvs, target, super walmart close by (within 15) minutes as I hate to drive. Good chance for jobs for myself (currently I work in a doctor's office). We need to be within 30 minutes of the new army reserve center on smith street. I heard good things about wallingford, north haven, chesire, farmington, glastonbury and to avoid meriden and hamden. Anyone have more feedback and suggestions? Thank you so far for all the help!

Cromwell does not have a cute downtown, but it's right next to Middletown, so you have access to all the restaurants there. Cromwell also has a Wal-Mart Supercenter there, as well as Walgreens and CVS on the same street (along with Stop & Shop, Lowe's & KMart). Plus, you have easy access to the Berlin Turnpike where you have all the big box stores, and then some - Best Buy, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Petco, Pet Supplies Plus, Target, Stu Leonard's, Staples, various Furniture stores, PC Richard, etc, and just about every chain restaurant you can find in the northeast.

Cromwell has a boatload of condos and apartments as well.

Last edited by NewJeffCT; 03-16-2014 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: more info

Old 03-16-2014, 02:26 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,851,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3onexolove View Post
Thanks on all the feedback. Still have trouble trying to find an area we would like to live in. I really like Wallingford, esperically the cute downtown area but havn't found any rentals that suites our needs. We want a house or townhouse under 2000. A lot of places say no pets, which is a deal breaker for us. It seems a lot of people recommend Middletown itself. It just doesn't seem as nice as some other towns close by. I want a safe area, a lot of shopping, restaurants, grocery stores, cvs, target, super walmart close by (within 15) minutes as I hate to drive. Good chance for jobs for myself (currently I work in a doctor's office). We need to be within 30 minutes of the new army reserve center on smith street. I heard good things about wallingford, north haven, chesire, farmington, glastonbury and to avoid meriden and hamden. Anyone have more feedback and suggestions? Thank you so far for all the help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
The OP herself did not feel safe in Middletown.

She said that Middletown didn't seem as nice. I don't see anything regarding safety concerns.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
She said that Middletown didn't seem as nice. I don't see anything regarding safety concerns.
And then right after that she said:
It seems a lot of people recommend Middletown itself. It just doesn't seem as nice as some other towns close by. I want a safe area

Seems pretty clear to me she didn't feel it was a safe area if she had to reiterate that request.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:36 PM

Dogs & Cats okay in this first one:
4 bed 1 bath domicile with Warm formal dining room in Cromwell

And this one as well:
3Bed/2.5Bath townhouse some furnishings available

And here:
http://hartford.craigslist.org/apa/4348550318.html

3BR apartment cromwell

Old 03-16-2014, 02:41 PM

207 posts, read 247,000 times
farmington is nice but its more of country living. you cant just walk to a cvs. farnmington is on the very expensive side. and the closest walmart and target are about 10-15 minutes away walmart in bristol and target in new britain.

there is manchester but it is more past hartford and its about 26 minutes drive, from middletown

manchester has all the ammenties you are looking for long horn applebees, texas roadhouse, olive garden, carabas, hometown buffeet, fridays, red robin, boston market chilis, friendlys etc they have a mall and lots of shopping plazas target walmart, dicks, jo ann fabrics, christmas tree shop, macys jcpennys, lowes,

aspen woods is a rental community Aspen Woods: Apts for Rent Manchester CT | Hartford County Apartments they have 1 and 2 bedrooms 1 bedroom is 1150 a month 2 bedrooms 2 baths are 1,300 manchester is a nice area to live

its in the eastern part of the state middletown is right past the center of the state i know you wanted to stay closer so you could have easy access to nj and a few other states but manchester is a very populated area in terms of fast food chains retail

if you do think about middletown stay away from the portland street areas thats the bad side of town i am not sure what area its called

Old 03-16-2014, 06:06 PM

95 posts, read 110,895 times
Just live in Middlewotn itself. It is a nice town and close to a few major highways.
I-91: Direct Route to New Haven and Hartford
I-691: Easy access to Danbury/Waterbury: connects with 84

Old 03-16-2014, 06:24 PM

1,929 posts, read 2,037,595 times
If you aren't having luck in Wallingford and don't like Middletown, I would recommend looking in Cromwell, Wethersfield, Rocky Hill, and Newington.

Cheshire makes no sense and I dont think you are going to find the housing you are looking for in Farmington or Glastonbury

Old 03-16-2014, 06:39 PM

95 posts, read 110,895 times
How is Middlewotn dangerous ? How about move to Meriden .

Old 03-16-2014, 08:12 PM

21,718 posts, read 28,042,339 times
What about Branford?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut