Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 08:10 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
I'm sorry-- but if you travel some place just to smoke week-- you're a loser. Even though I think It should be legalized, I think I'll pass on this plan on ethical grounds. Pot isn't without it's risks and it certainly hasn't enhanced the success of anyone who smokes it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 08:23 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
i'm sorry-- but if you travel some place just to smoke week-- you're a loser. Even though i think it should be legalized, i think i'll pass on this plan on ethical grounds. Pot isn't without it's risks and it certainly hasn't enhanced the success of anyone who smokes it.
+1.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:26 AM

267 posts, read 448,145 times
Quote:
I'm sorry-- but if you travel some place just to smoke week-- you're a loser. Even though I think It should be legalized, I think I'll pass on this plan on ethical grounds. Pot isn't without it's risks and it certainly hasn't enhanced the success of anyone who smokes it.
Thats a very unfair and incorrect opinion. Many who smoke weed say it assists them with creative thinking and others say it helps them fight stress, depression, and anxiety. These are all good things for people who work, so it's not only good for lazy do-nothings

Old 02-06-2014, 08:29 AM

3,350 posts, read 4,168,858 times
Quote:
i'm sorry-- but if you travel some place just to smoke week-- you're a loser. Even though i think it should be legalized, i think i'll pass on this plan on ethical grounds. Pot isn't without it's risks and it certainly hasn't enhanced the success of anyone who smokes it.
+420

Old 02-06-2014, 08:40 AM

468 posts, read 708,829 times
Quote:
Agreed. Hilarious at the thought of one poster that the weed tourists will visit the Yale galleries and Mystic. Have they seen the people traveling to and even moving to Colorado because of its weed policies? I doubt they are art or shipbuilding aficionadi.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:43 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,490,263 times
Quote:
This made me spit out my coffee. Hilarious!

I don't know about anyone else, but the last thing we need is more "hispters" (not even sure what they are), but they remind me a rich kids who just live off of their mom and dads money.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:46 AM

267 posts, read 448,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
This made me spit out my coffee. Hilarious!

I don't know about anyone else, but the last thing we need is more "hispters" (not even sure what they are), but they remind me a rich kids who just live off of their mom and dads money.
So just to clarify : If you smoke a lot of weed, embrace weed culture, and/or are a "hipster", your money is no good here? K, duly noted..

Btw, the basis of hipster culture(outside of those who dress like it to be trendy) is to shun conformity and protest swaths of large corporate development. True hipsters appreciate the arts, shop at small businesses, and appreciate and try to preserve natural beauty. I believe CT has an abundance of all of these things and many people out of state (and seemingly many within) dont realize this.

Last edited by CLees; 02-06-2014 at 12:11 PM..

Old 02-06-2014, 12:11 PM

214 posts, read 197,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLees View Post
So just to clarify : If you smoke a lot of weed and/or are a "hipster", your money is no good here? K, duly noted..

Btw, the basis of hipster culture(outside of those who dress like it to be trendy) is to shun conformity and protest swaths of large corporate development. True hipsters appreciate the arts, shop at small businesses, and appreciate and try to preserve natural beauty. I believe CT has an abundance of all of these things and many people out of state (and seemingly many within) dont realize this.
It's those sentiments Mr_250 expressed that keeps most of us (18-24 yos) from coming to visit/live in CT. CT has PLENTY of kids who live off their parents' money.

Quote:
I think assuming all 18-24 year olds are potheads, and that, the ability to smoke pot versus the expansion of opportunity and entry level jobs is at fault is errant. Sorry.
Many of us prefer both options, however, the latter is a problem for most. I can't even count how many of my peers will hold out to pass that drug test, then resume. It would be wrong to assume you cannot have the best of both worlds, as I know plenty of professionals who indulge.

Sincerely,

An 18-24 year old attending college in Connecticut with prospects of leaving.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:19 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,490,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLees View Post
So just to clarify : If you smoke a lot of weed and/or are a "hipster", your money is no good here? K, duly noted..

They must hate it here, in CT we give large corporations "free money" to build large corporate headquarters 3miles down the road from eachother. Seems like the opposite of what hipsters stand for. I'm JK, thank you for explaining the definition because in all reality I was a bit confused.

On your first point, it's not the fact that their money is no good here because all money is green. It just seems (to me and I could be wrong) that since they shun "corporate" America that these are going to be the first at the occupy wall street rallies. I'm all good with the "hipster" culture and I appreciate, but looking at Art and saving the trees don't pay the bills. As much as they might bring new culture in to an area, the fact is that since they (and I hate blanket statements because I bet some/most are extremely educated) are not creating businesses and paying taxes/fair share they just end up feeling more like a burden i.e. Detroit I know is a very popular Hipster retreat and that City is in terrible shape. Again, I could be wrong and I probably am, but that's they way I see it.

BTW, the hipster culture sounds interesting. I could relate (somewhat) I play drums (20+ years), I love the outdoors (hunt, fish) and I shop at local/small businesses over chain stores. However, I am not even close to a hipster. I dip, hunt.fish, drive a gas guzzling truck and believe in capitalism. So, I did not mean any disrespect, but in the end legalizing pot in hopes that it will attract tourist is just not very realistic in my mind. Having it legal in CT and hopes to gain tax revenue NOW THAT I could get behind.

Sidenote: We'll see how the 4 grow houses in CT do. That will give a good indication.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:52 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Connecticut... Still Revolutionary.

Come enjoy the sites of colonial Connecticut. Walk the same quaint natural landscapes as the very first Americans. Wander through the museums and libraries at Yale University... Roll a fat spliff and enjoy the Thimble Islands cruise or Ride the Essex Steam Train and Riverboat... Got the Munchies? A foodies paradise, Connecticut. When the [mary jane] smoke clears inhale deep. Is that world famous New Haven Pizza? Or maybe satisfy your hunger at Liberty Lunch where they invented the hamburger. Maybe a quaint bed and breakfast is more your style? Enjoy the beautiful Litchfield Hills. Have a Toke in Thomaston. Take in a Roach in Royawton. Fly a kite on the New Haven Green-- Or just be as high as one. It's all up to you, when you, and your pot, come to Connecticut... Still Revolutionary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut